It is that time of the year again when I take a step back and look at all the books lingering on my TBR. So many unread books waiting to be read and so many adventures that I am eager to embark on. Taking stock of all my TBR books, I made a list for myself with all the books that I hope to read in 2020.
Here are the Sci-fi books on my TBR for 2020 –
I really enjoyed reading Planetfall but for some reason, have not read the other books in the series. In 2020, I want to complete some series that I started. Speaking of which, I want to read Vengeful as I loved Vicious and had been waiting for a sequel for many years. The only problem is that I do not remember anything from Vicious and will have to read that book again before I read the sequel.
The one series that I am eager to read is The Calculating Stars. I don’t want to read it this year as I heard the books are slow paced and I feel like reading something much more fast paced now. This is the reason for having Recursion on my immediate TBR as I am craving for a sci-fi thriller now.
There are few famous authors that I have been meaning to read and would like to read something by them in 2020 –
- Iain M Banks – one of the most popular sci-fi authors and the series is extremely popular too.
- Tim Powers – a famous classic SF author. The book I chose has time travel, one of my favorite tropes.
- C.J. Cherryh – I have been meaning to read something by her for a long time now. Time to crack open one of her books.
- Lois McMaster Bujold – Multiple Hugo winner. I want to start her extremely long series and find out if it is worth all the hype.
I have some more classic SF books that I am hoping would end up as my favorites. Most of these are hard sci-fi which happens to be my most favorite Sci-fi subgenre. Reading about all the science just makes me excited.
- Alastair Reynolds – I am very eager to read his space opera which I heard is great.
- Philip K Dick – I have mostly read his shorter works and enjoyed them immensely. I want to read a full-length novel by him soon.
- Vernor Vinge – I heard this and its sequel have some kickass science in it and I can’t wait to read it.
- Larry Niven – A famous hard sci-fi classic SF author
- John Wyndham – Plants turning into monsters killing humans. I am in!
- Samuel R Delaney – I love books which deal with interesting aliens (check my recent post on it) and also communicating with aliens. I heard Babel-17 is yet another book about linguistics and aliens.
- Jack Vance – Yet another famous classic SF author that I want to try
What is on your TBR for 2020?
Have you read any of these books? Do let me know which ones I should be prioritizing from this list.