Scifi month is back and I am participating this year as well. You can sign up if you are interested in reading and discussing science fiction with fellow fans here.
I had kept aside some books on my TBR so that I could read them in November. This time I planned my TBR well in advance. I read only fantasy in October and kept all my scifi reserved for scifi month.
So here are the books on my TBR –
- Death’s End – I started this book but got distracted with other books on my shelf. Need to get back and find out how this series ends. It’s one of my favorite series and I am curious to see what’s going to happen. But I need some dedicated time to read this book and considering how hectic this month is going to be, I doubt I will be able to read it in Nov.
- The Calculating Stars – This book won all the awards this year. I met the author last year at WorldCon and got both books in this series signed. I can’t wait to read this book and the second book in this series.
- Recursion – If I am in the mood for a fast paced thriller, I might pick this book as it is bound to be a quick read.
- Children of Time – I had this book even on my last year’s TBR. I have been wanting to read this book from last few years. For some reason, I have still not picked it.
- Artificial Condition – I loved the first murderbot novella and have been meaning to read the other books in the series. This book won Hugo award this year which makes me want to pick it up ASAP. I will pick this up if I feel like reading something really quickly as it is a short novella. I also downloaded the audiobook version of this book and hope to listen to it during my commute. If I can finish this book quickly, I might pick up the sequels too.
- Imyril announced a readalong for The Sparrow and I will be taking part in that as I have been meaning to read the book for quite sometime now. I am starting my ScifiMonth with this book as my first read.
Are you taking part in Scifi Month? If so, what are you reading?