Sci-Fi Month is back this year and I am participating in it, even with a hectic schedule and an upcoming vacation planned. Sci-fi is one of my favorite genres and what better than to celebrate a month reading Sci-fi with fellow fans of this genre.
My TBR for this year looks like this –
I will be trying to read at least one of these books which are on my TBR and will review it, but the plan is to read as many as possible.
- Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky – I am most excited to read this book after learning that it has giant alien spiders. I will start with this book and see if I like it. The synopsis of the book has me really intrigued.
- Kindred by Octavia E. Butler – I am trying to read more female SFF authors and Octavia Butler is a very famous female author I have not read anything by. There is also a readalong for this book at Feminist Orchestra bookclub on Goodreads. It is a pretty small book so I am hoping that I will be able to finish it soon.
- Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu – This book has been on my every single TBR from last 3-4 years or so and I still have not read it. My copy has been lying on my bookshelf for way too long unread and I am hoping that I am in the mood for some hard scifi this month. Otherwise, I will push it to next year’s TBR.
- The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham – If I do not feel too stressed out and have the energy to read a classic, I am planning to try this book about giant man eating plants. I love dystopia and this sounds like something that I might like.
- The long way to a small angry planet by Becky Chambers – Another book which has been lying on my TBR for way too long. I even got my book signed from the author herself in worldcon this year. I did not have this book on my TBR earlier but seeing that there is a readalong being hosted by Sci-Fi month hosts, I am planning to give it a try.
I might end up reading something which is not on this TBR too. It really depends on what I feel like reading this month.
Are you participating in Sci-Fi Month? If so, what are you reading?