New bookshelves

I was really busy these last few weeks as we were moving to a new house. A new house that we bought – yayy! our first real house as all the houses we have stayed in so far have been rented πŸ™‚

And along with that my dream of having some great bookshelves also came true.

I bought two bookshelves and was able to arrange all the books that I own on them. More than 50% of the books that I own are in India but still this is a good collection of books I guess. All the books on my right shelf are read and those on the left shelf are unread (mostly). I also got myself some cute funko pops as props for my bookshelves. I also went on a book buying spree this year just because I was going to have these bookshelves. I think I bought more books this year than I did collectively in the last 4-5 years.

bookshelves

I am especially in love with my Harry Potter shelf as I have the entire collection of Harry Potter funko pops – all the characters that I love in those books are on my shelf. I am already running of space to keep the books but still love the shelves. I love collecting books even more than reading them. Some people collect stamps, some collect coins and I collect books. πŸ™‚ I mostly own books that I loved reading and have been periodically unhauling books that I will not reread or did not enjoy reading.

This year, I mostly bought books by searching for a book with a good cover and also for a good edition. All these years I never paid attention to the cover or the edition and would just buy books randomly as long as they were cheap.

Do you have a collection of books too? If so, where do you keepΒ your books?

1. SG says:

Congratulations on owning your first home. Now you have achieved that American dream. Is it ok to tell me here in which city you bought your home? If not, please write the info via email. Just curious since I also live in the Bay Area. I have a small collection of books and they are kept in a shelf in my family room.

1. Thanks SG. Have emailed you.

2. Titaxy says:

Love the shelves.
    Congratulations on the new home!

1. Thanks Titaxy πŸ™‚

3. The harry potter toys are cute. The bookshelf is also great, of course πŸ™‚ Maybe in the future, you can plan a room covered with bookshelves in front of all four walls πŸ˜‰

1. Thanks DI. Yes that is a dream of mine. I am not sure if it will come true in this lifetime though πŸ™‚ Need a big house for that I guess.

4. Congratulations on new home Ash. πŸ™‚ We have atleast one bookshelf in every our room of our house. Of course, being a home decoration enthusiast , my book shelves are filled with tons of accessories as well. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Dil. πŸ™‚ That’s so awesome. I should try to implement that.

5. shanayatales says:

Oh wow! Congratulations on the house! We seem to have more in common than I realized, .We too just brought our first home. Just as in several months back, but it is currently under construction, so haven’t moved in yet. The move is set for Oct 1st. πŸ˜€

1. Thanks Shanaya. Wow what a coincidence. Oct is almost here. Congrats for the house!!

6. Nish says:

Wow! Congratulations on the new place. Love how you have decorated your bookshelves.

We have multiple bookshelves at home. One in the family room for the children’s fiction, a couple of bookshelves in my daughter’s bedroom for her reference books for school, and one in the study/office/TV room for mine and hubby’s books.

That said, we have books all over the place and are frequently forced to downsize.

1. Thanks Nish. I have a bookshelf for my son too. Other than that, we don’t have any bookshelves in the other rooms. Probably should put more bookshelves as the current ones are already overflowing.

7. NS says:

Love your bookcases ! Esp the Harry Potter shelf. And Congratulations for the new house!!

1. Thanks Neha πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

1. NS says:

Btw, exactly when do you read? With a 7 month old, I am yet to see some spare time..

2. I usually read in the night after he is asleep. The other time I get to read is when my husband is with the baby. But just get like half an hour to 1 hour in a day :((