Today’s topic at Broke and Bookish is top ten bookish facts about me.
- I can’t read a book while traveling in car or bus. I get easily distracted by the view outside my window. But most of the books I bought and read as a kid were read on a train during summer vacations.
- I can’t keep a book down without finishing the chapter that I am currently reading.
- I can’t listen to audiobooks. I cannot concentrate on what someone is saying, while I am doing something else.
- I like to read even fiction books deeply – enjoying the writing, marking interesting phrases or quotations. Sometimes I read a paragraph multiple times if I like it.
- I like to read slowly. I don’t read just for story or fun.
- I can’t read many fiction books back to back. I need a nonfiction to act as a breather in between. I like to interleave fiction and nonfiction.
- I cannot marathon or binge read a series. I need to read other books in between for a change else I get bored.
- I cannot read books belonging to same genre back to back as I get bored.
- On Pottermore, I was sorted into Ravenclaw which I feel is the house that suits me more than any other house. In Ilvermorny sorting, I was put into Thunderbird.
- I have been reading books ever since I could read on my own and I have always loved books. I don’t remember the first book that I read. I read a lot of children’s magazines and comic books when I was pretty young.