I was nominated for the Entertainer blogger award by Clockwork Bibliophile. Thank you for nominating me Clockwork Bibliophile. You have an awesome blog. 🙂
- Write a post with the award picture.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring, and, most important of all, ENTERTAINING!
- Add these rules to the post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog!
- Also, answer these questions down below!
- Why did you start a blog in the first place?
I started this blog 11 years back when I was preparing for an exam just to practice writing essays. And then it turned into a hobby. This blog became a place where I could rant and rave about anything I liked or disliked. It has evolved too – from a personal blog to a blog with travel entries, movie reviews, book reviews to everything that I felt like making a note of – essentially like a journal.
- What is your favourite book?
I have two book series which are my all-time favorites and I am sure no other series can take their place. First one is Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. These books have a special place in my heart as they were my favorites when I was in school. I always wanted to go on an adventure like the kids in those books and even today, I love reading these books. George is a character who influenced me the most in my life. I always wanted to be a boy like George did in the books. I could relate to her the most in every way possible.
The other series is Harry Potter series of course. They were part of my teenage life and I grew up with Harry so he will always be one of my most favorite characters ever. Also these were the books that seriously got me into reading.
- What do you dislike the most?
Related to books? I dislike stereotypical characters and settings. I prefer variety in my books, characters and settings. I am also not a big fan of romance in novels. Even in real life, I don’t think I am that romantic. I am more practical I guess.
In general (unrelated to books), I dislike dishonest people. The biggest turn off for me is a white lie.
- What is your favourite food item from the mall?
Ice creams. I have them every single time I visit a mall 🙂
- What is your favourite pastime?
Reading, of course. Other than that, I like to travel whenever I can and also love photography (though I haven’t been able to do much of either after my baby arrived).
My next award – Book Fangirling blog award was also given to me by clockworkbibliophile. Thank you once again Clockwork Bibliophile.
- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit Book Fangirling for the award button.
- Answer the questions I have listed below.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- Who is your favourite celebrity and why?
I don’t think I have a favorite celebrity as such. I do like some movie actors but mostly appreciate their movies and not the person him/herself much.
- What’s your favourite genre of book/movie/TV series?
Science fiction – whether it is a book or a movie or a TV series. This is my favorite genre.
- What is your guilty pleasure? (book or song or anything you want)
Watching Harry Potter or Lord of the rings movies for a millionth time.
- What’s your favourite paranormal creature? (vampire, werewolf, faerie etc)
The only paranormal book series I have read so far is Twilight series – so I will go with Vampire as I am team Edward Cullen. Oh, I also love Robert Pattinson. In fact, I love all British hunks.
- If you were stuck on a desert island, who would be the one literary character you would want to have with you?
George from Famous Five series as she is a bold and adventurous girl. I am not a bold and courageous person so it is better to have someone who can help you get out of that island. Even Hermione from Harry Potter series would be a good choice as she is brilliant and smart. She will definitely find a way out of that deserted island.
I am nominating everyone who is reading this post. Please pick up the award and the questions if you are reading this blog post.
Hope you had fun doing this! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I had loads of fun. Thank you for tagging me.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have picked up the award NOW 😀
PS: What’s the difference between a lie and a white lie?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Cool! would love to see your answers for these questions.
white lie from dictionary.com: “a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone’s feelings.” 🙂