I have chosen 10 books that I want to read this year. From my tbr pile, I chose only those books that I am most interested in and really excited to read. This year I am planning to unhaul 50% or more of my tbr pile as I am no longer interested in many books that I own.
So these are the 10 books that I plan to finish this year. Please let me know if you have read/loved any of these books.
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab – I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about Victoria Schwab and I gave in to all the hype again. I really want to try one of her books and see if I like her writing. Her other series has become more famous recently after the sequel got released this year. But I want to start with her first series before getting on to the other series, as I found the premise of this book more interesting.
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman – I love Neil Gaiman’s books and have read only 2 of them so far. I have heard a lot of good reviews about this book and I am really excited to read it. I heard it is more like an Alice in wonderland kind of story so even more excited.
- More than this by Patrick Ness – I love love love Patrick Ness. I have liked all his books so far but haven’t read two of his latest standalones. I was so busy reading and exploring other authors these past few years that I forgot to pick books from my favorite authors. I want to read more books from my favorite authors this year, starting with this one.
- The screaming staircase (Lockwood & co. #1) by Jonathan Stroud – I love his Bartimaeus trilogy but have not been able to complete that trilogy since my books are in India and I am in US. So instead of getting those books to US, I decided I will read a different series from him. Again people have loved this series and I am really excited to read this. And this time, I want to complete atleast one series from him. I love these covers for the books that they came up with. Look how beautiful the cover is!
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – This book was very famous because of the unique way in which it has been written. It is full of case files, letters, emails and what not about an invasion. It was so different and the cover was so pretty, I had to pick it up. I read few pages but got distracted because of a different book that I am currently engrossed in.
- Dune by Frank Herbert – I already spoke about this book in my book haul post. I have resolved to read more sci-fi classics this year and I need to read this book as part of that. I have already finished reading 3 sci-fi classics this year and sadly, I did not like any of those three. I hopefully will like this book.
- Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein – same as 6. I want to read this sci-fi classic soon.
- Is everyone hanging out without me? by Mindy Kaling – I heard this book is very funny so I need to see if I will like it. I got this book for free as part of a buy 2, get 1 free offer recently. I had no plans of buying this book but because I couldn’t find a better book in the book sales, I got it. I hope I will like it as I have read both good and bad reviews about it.
- Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can’t stop talking by Susan Cain – I have been wanting to read this book for so long. I finally got a copy of this book and plan to read it this year somehow.
- A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini – I have read the other two books by this author. But I have been reading reviews where people say this is the best book that he has written. Also I love the fact that this book is about a mother-daughter relationship, one of the most beautiful relationships in the world. So I am eager to read this book (and shed buckets of tears).
I am currently reading Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson and I am loving it so far. After a long time, I liked a fantasy book so yayy! If I do like this first book, I will probably also read other books from this trilogy this year. The world building is just amazing and I already love both the lead characters in the book.