Today I am going to list the top ten series that I have not finished. I am listing only those series that I love and would love to complete, but just haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. I am not including the series which I did not like and wouldn’t want to continue reading. So this list is for my own reference so that I can finish these series soon. I very rarely leave a series unfinished, especially if I liked the books in that series. I picked this old topic from the Broke and Bookish.
So these are the ten series that I want to finish soon –
- Bourne series by Robert Ludlum – I have seen all the Bourne movies and never in my wildest imagination did I think that I would read the books. I picked “Bourne Identity” when I spotted it in our local library and read it. I loved it! It was so amazing and so different from the movies. The story is completely different and more thrilling. I bought the second book in the series immediately but never read it since I was so busy with the other books on my bookshelf. I will have to read the first book again before I can proceed, since I don’t remember anything about it.
- Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud – I read the first book and loved it. Again bought the second book and I think I read few pages. After that I kept it aside since I had other books which were more tempting. I never picked it up after that. Now I face the same issue that I faced with my #1 series on this list. I don’t remember anything from the first book so I will have to read it again before I can proceed with this series.
- The Giver quartet by Lois Lowry – I loved the first book and even watched the movie. I just did not proceed with this series. I need to read the second book which has a completely different story and then in the third book, I heard everything is linked.
- Saga series by Brian K. Vaughan – I read the first part last year and even though I did not love it, I would like to proceed with the series. I am not planning to buy them but instead borrow from the library or get ebooks.
- Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella – I have read two books in this series so far and I loved both of them. I need to read the others in the series.
- Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown – This is not really a series since there is no continuation of story here. But I just added it since there is only one Robert Langdon book that I have not read yet and that is “The Lost symbol”. I have read all the others and love them.
- Ender’s game by Orson Scott Card – I have only read the first book in the series, which I absolutely love. For some reason, I did not continue with this series. I will have to read the first book again, if I need to proceed.
- Anne of green gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery – I loved the first book in this series too. Anne ended up becoming one of my favorite characters ever. I even bought ebooks of all the other parts so need to complete this series.
- Robot series by Isaac Asimov – I only read the first part in the series. It is one of my favorite books so I need to finish the others.
- Foundation series by Isaac Asimov – The original trilogy is one of my most favorite books ever. I bought the prequels and the sequels (four in total) of this series and have not read them yet. I will also have to reread the trilogy again, in order to read the sequels.
- Hercule Poirot by Agatha Christie (added later) – I have read 6 out of the 42 books in this series. Hope to read them all some day. I am not a very big fan of Agatha Christie as her books are a hit or miss for me. Some of the books in this series are my favorites while there are some that I did not like.
- Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse (added later) – I have only read 2 out of 16 books in this series. Hopefully some day I will find enough time to read them all. They are not easily available in US libraries or bookstores. I will have to buy them from UK or Indian stores.
So do you have any unfinished series lying on your tbr?