I usually don’t like reading books from the same author again and again. I prefer reading different authors, genres and like variety in my books. So this tag was difficult for me to complete. In this list, I have read most of the books written by Enid Blyton, even though I don’t remember all of them. I have read every single book written by Hergé, as he is one of my all-time favorites. I have not read many books written by the other authors on the list.
So out of the 436+ books that I have read (as of today), I have not read many books from the same author. Maybe I should start doing that from now onwards.
- Enid Blyton – 29 books that I remember – This author doesn’t need any introduction. My only dream is to make her my son’s favorite author too.
- Hergé – 24 books – His Tintin series are one of my favorite series ever. Few years back, I re-read all the books in the series and loved them even more as an adult.
- Dr. Seuss – 17 books – I read some of his books earlier but I am reading more of his books after my boy was born. I have been reading some of his books to my son.
- J. K. Rowling – 11 books – I have loved all the books in the Harry Potter series but did not like her other adult books much.
- Agatha Christie – 9 books – I discovered her books pretty late in my life and that’s probably the reason why you see such less number of books of hers on my list.
- Jeff Kinney – 9 books – I loved the wimpy kid series so much that I finished reading all the books in that series. I am now waiting for the next book to release this year.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – 4 novels + plenty of short stories – The only books of his that I have read are the ones of Sherlock Holmes, who happens to be one of my all-time favorite fictional characters.
- George R.R. Martin and Nicholas Sparks – 7 books each – I have read all the books in The song of Ice and Fire series written by GRRM. Nicholas Sparks is the only author whose romance books I like. It’s been quite sometime since I picked one of his books.
- Sophie Kinsella and Isaac Asimov – 6 books each – Sophie Kinsella is probably the only chicklit author I like. I want to read all the books in the Shopaholic series soon. Isaac Asimov is definitely my favorite when it comes to Science Fiction.
- J.R.R. Tolkien and Douglas Adams – 5 books each – Tolkien is the best fantasy author there is. Every fantasy author aspires to become Tolkien someday. So naturally I have read all the fantasy novels he has written, except for some of the prequels of LOTR which I plan to read soon. The only books by Douglas Adams I have read are from the Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy series, which are one of the funniest books I have ever read.
So which authors have you read the most books from?