It’s time to finish a pending tag. Aarya, thank you so much for giving me this award.
1. What made you start blogging? How is blogging different than keeping a diary for you or is it the same?
I think I have already mentioned it in one of the older posts. I started blogging after reading some blogs and to mainly improve my written English. I never got a chance to write an essay or even a paragraph in English once I left school. Writing technical stuff doesn’t essentially count here. I have never maintained a diary since I feel writing day to day stuff does not make sense. I only want to preserve good memories from my life and erase/forget the bad memories. Maintaining a diary will not help me in purging the bad memories, so I feel having a blog is better since I can selectively write stuff that I want to remember. But after blogging for almost 9 years now, blogging has turned into a hobby. I cannot imagine myself not blogging anymore.
2. Do you have a pet? If yes, which one? And if not, why?
No. I am one of those people who hates dogs and cats. I would love to have fish. My mom had fish when she was young and after hearing tales about how difficult it is to maintain them, I am not sure I want to take up the responsibility. I am scared that they will die and I will end up feeling sad, so no pets for me.
Someday, I will adopt rabbits. One of my friends in school had rabbits at her place and she would keep telling me tales about them. And I find rabbits really cute.
3. Which city do you think is the best to settle down in India? And why?
Bangalore. It is the city where I was born and brought up so there is a special place for this city in my heart. Although I prefer older part of Bangalore since I grew up there. I will never live in the newer extensions of this city which is filled with outsiders. Once I enter these newer regions, I feel I am not in Bangalore anymore. I prefer the older parts of the city where you get yummy dosas, idlis, filter coffee and old shopping centers with some great shops. I wish I could go back to the Bangalore in 1990s. It was such a calm and peaceful city with hardly any traffic.
4. What is the one thing that you ordered in a restaurant and it turned out to be totally yuck and expensive?
This has happened to me so many times that I lost track I guess. Mostly I end up getting extremely spicy food in restaurants and that makes it difficult to eat.
5. If you see your enemy (or simply somebody you dislike) in a helpless situation, will you go forward and help them? Or leave them and enjoy mercilessly?
Depends on that person. Depends on how badly that person has behaved with me in the past. If that person has really hurt me with their words or actions, I might not go out of the way to help them. But that does not mean I will enjoy mercilessly.
6. Have you ever been caught by your parents doing something totally inappropriate for your age?
I don’t think so. I have mostly been a “good girl” in my life. I can relate myself to the scene from “Queen” movie where she says how she obeyed others and how she always met expectations of others.
7. What is that one thing that you criticize publicly, but do the same in private?
I don’t think I do anything that I criticize publicly. In fact, I don’t even criticize anything publicly, as far as I know.
8. Do you like water sports? Which one?
Yes I do like water sports especially kayaking. For the rest of the sports, I first need to learn swimming.
9. Have you ever thought (or actually did ) of harming somebody very badly in order to get back at them? How?
Nope. I usually sulk and maybe cry if someone harms or hurts me. And that’s it.
10. Do you fart and behave like the other person is guilty of the crime?
I don’t fart. Seriously!
11. Have you ever been caught by the police ( or worst locked up)? For what reason?
Not yet. And hopefully never. But hubby got caught twice for speeding and I was sitting right next to him both the times, so I guess that does count.
I nominate anyone and everyone who is interested in taking up this tag.