Books for my home library

For as long as I can remember, I have loved owning books. Yes, you heard it right. More than reading books, I love owning them. I was thinking about the books that I would like to own in my personal library at home. It’s a different thing that I live in a rented house. Having a home library is not possible as of now. But hey, it’s okay to dream. 😛

So these are the books that have influenced me a lot and would definitely make it into my home library:

books1

1. Harry Potter series – No need for any explanation I guess. The hardbound set inside that box looks so lovely (in the above pic). I am pretty sure it will be very heavy and that is the reason for not buying it.
  2. Famous Five series – I already own these (all of them). But it would be awesome to own hardbacks, if at all they are available (which I doubt). I had a hard time hunting every single book in this series.
  3. Tintin – I currently own only one book from the entire series. This series is my most favourite graphical novel/comic ever. So I have to get this boxed set.
  4. Malory Towers series – I already own these too (all of them). It was even more difficult to track all the books from the series. But finally I did get all the books.
    books2
  5. Surely you’re joking Mr.Feynman – This book kind of changed my perspective about everything. I can call this a life-changing book. I fell in love with science and have ever since repented for not pursuing a career in science. I want a hardback awesome version of this book at home.
  6. The Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy trilogy – The funniest set of books I have ever read. Reading about Marvin always cheers me up. The copy that I own is in a pretty bad shape so I have to buy a new copy.
  7. The illustrated brief history of time and the universe in a nutshell – This is another book that kind of made me fall in love with science. I love love love this book. I already own a copy, a good enough copy so this is not on my wishlist.
  8. Jurassic Park and The lost world – I want to own some good copy of these books. Paperbacks are not that great.
    books3
  9. Everything written by J.R.R.Tolkien – I want the above hardback set of all the books. These are the best fantasy books I have ever read.
  10. Alice’s adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass – Whenever I feel low, I like to read books like these. These books are so funny and entertaining. I love the riddles from these books too. I already own a good copy for my future library.
  11. Diary of a wimpy kid series – I own all the 8 books from the series and they are just great. These are the books that I turn to when I am feeling bad.
  12. Foundation trilogy – These are my most favourite science fiction series ever. I want a hardback like the one in the picture above.

So what books would you like to have in your home library?

1. SG says:

Excellent choice.

2. I too want a home library. Inside my Kindle. Using all free books from Project Gutenberg site 😛

1. I somehow don’t like reading on Kindle much. 😦 I still find hardcopies more attractive. 😀

3. renu says:

I also liked famous five and malory towers series.
    I already had an extensive library , initially I was emotionally attached to the books so didnt give away, but today they are not in a condition to give..pages are turning brittle…

1. oh you should start collecting books again then. Even some of the books that I have are in bad condition. Planning to replace them with new ones soon.

4. Nish says:

Foundation is one of my favorite sci-fi books ever too, along with the Robot series and the Dune books from Frank Herbert. I loved science oriented books in college, but somehow in school, my teachers made science super-boring.

1. I love the Robot series too. Haven’t yet read the Dune series.

5. Great list Ash. I would so love to make time to read. Now I have little time, but I waste it all on TV. I would love to have all of them too. 🙂

1. The number of books that I am reading these days has reduced too, thanks to Netflix. 🙂 Need to reduce TV.

6. Harini says:

I have some of the books from your list and others are on my wishlist.

1. would love to know your wishlist Harini. 🙂

7. Bikramjit says:

I have read a lot of Famous five 🙂 and tintin toooo ..

you have a good list there

1. Thanks Bikram. 🙂

8. Mi says:

Aaah… you have all of em?? How lucky and am so jealous!! :/

I had read most of the books you mentioned here, except tintin and the sci-fi series.. And I would love to have my library too! 🙂 Someday..

Books are always awesome. Like you, I love owning them too,,, and my mom likes to sell them off for good money to the raddiwalahs 😦 wonder why..

1. I am yet to buy Tintin and some more books in the list. Will do that once I start living in my own house. 🙂
      Oh that’s bad. I can’t see my books being sold to raddiwalas. 😦

9. I want to have a library that surprises me. Books that I will love but havent read.
    Ah dreamy!

1. Ooh that’s a great idea Red. Owning unread books, sounds fun 🙂

10. Ashwini CN says:

Only an avid reader would know the pleasure of buying and owning a book. Thanks to my dad and my sis, I have a huge collection of books, though my favorites would be Harry Potter and the best of Jeffery Archer, Sidney Sheldon, Dan Brown and few of this and that 🙂

1. Even I inherited many books from my dad. Owning books gives such a pleasure right? 🙂

11. Rajlakshmi says:

I am yet to read the foundation trilogy… but thanks for reminding, gotta search for some ebooks. With the constant travel that I have been doing, my heart bleeds everytime I have to part with my collection. Add the Millenium Trilogy too in your shelf.

1. Since you like sci-fi, I am sure you will like Foundation series. Please do give it a shot. Same here, with constant travel my books are scattered. 😦

All of these and all books from Sidney Sheldon, Mary Higgins Clark, PG Woodhouse, John Grisham, J Archer, Nicholas Sparks, Agatha C…. and many many more!

1. I would also love to own Nicholas Sparks, Agatha C’s entire collection. That would be fun to have. 🙂

13. interesting post! every home must have a library..:)

1. Thanks Ankita. Welcome to my blog and thanks for reading the post. 🙂

14. Manogna MG says:

I have a personal library at home,where I have Agatha Cristie, Erley Stanley Gardener, Enid Blyton, Sidney Sheldon and now John Grisham and some classics of Jane Austen,Charlotte Bronte and the likes.I even have a collection of Disney’s story collection of 101 Dalmatians, Beauty and Beast etc. I keep buying more stuff.Though mom is sceptic,daddy encourages me to buy…so the library is ever -expanding!
    I have not read many of the books suggested by you. Need to read them.

1. Your collection sounds great Manogna. Even I wish to own all the other series written by Enid Blyton too someday. Disney’s story collection sounds amazing! Even I keep buying books, even though there are so many unread ones in my bookshelf. I cannot resist not buying books. 🙂
      Thanks for visiting my blog.