For as long as I can remember, I have loved owning books. Yes, you heard it right. More than reading books, I love owning them. I was thinking about the books that I would like to own in my personal library at home. It’s a different thing that I live in a rented house. Having a home library is not possible as of now. But hey, it’s okay to dream. 😛
So these are the books that have influenced me a lot and would definitely make it into my home library:
- Harry Potter series – No need for any explanation I guess. The hardbound set inside that box looks so lovely (in the above pic). I am pretty sure it will be very heavy and that is the reason for not buying it.
- Famous Five series – I already own these (all of them). But it would be awesome to own hardbacks, if at all they are available (which I doubt). I had a hard time hunting every single book in this series.
- Tintin – I currently own only one book from the entire series. This series is my most favourite graphical novel/comic ever. So I have to get this boxed set.
- Malory Towers series – I already own these too (all of them). It was even more difficult to track all the books from the series. But finally I did get all the books.
- Surely you’re joking Mr.Feynman – This book kind of changed my perspective about everything. I can call this a life-changing book. I fell in love with science and have ever since repented for not pursuing a career in science. I want a hardback awesome version of this book at home.
- The Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy trilogy – The funniest set of books I have ever read. Reading about Marvin always cheers me up. The copy that I own is in a pretty bad shape so I have to buy a new copy.
- The illustrated brief history of time and the universe in a nutshell – This is another book that kind of made me fall in love with science. I love love love this book. I already own a copy, a good enough copy so this is not on my wishlist.
- Jurassic Park and The lost world – I want to own some good copy of these books. Paperbacks are not that great.
- Everything written by J.R.R.Tolkien – I want the above hardback set of all the books. These are the best fantasy books I have ever read.
- Alice’s adventures in wonderland and through the looking glass – Whenever I feel low, I like to read books like these. These books are so funny and entertaining. I love the riddles from these books too. I already own a good copy for my future library.
- Diary of a wimpy kid series – I own all the 8 books from the series and they are just great. These are the books that I turn to when I am feeling bad.
- Foundation trilogy – These are my most favourite science fiction series ever. I want a hardback like the one in the picture above.
So what books would you like to have in your home library?