Spring flowers

We drove to Blossom trail on a weekend to catch these beauties. There were Almond blossoms, Plum blossoms, Apple blossoms and Citrus blossoms which had white petals. Apricot blossoms, Peach and Nectarine blossoms had pink petals. It was great strolling midst these orchards looking at flowers and bees. I love flowers and love photographing them a lot.

IMG_0094

Let’s take a closer look at one of the flowers, shall we?

IMG_0076

Interesting thing about these and the other blossoms I have seen in US is that there are absolutely no leaves on the tree. It is a leafless tree and boom! one day every inch of it is covered with flowers. That makes them look so much more beautiful. And when these flowers wither away, leaves start appearing.

IMG_0109-2

It was very sunny and the weather made the day even more enjoyable.

IMG_0239

Surprise, surprise! Oranges on trees on either side of the road. Did I tell you that I lived on “Lemon street” for 2 years and we had lemon trees on either side of the road. And there was an “Orange street” too parallel to Lemon street. ButΒ this was the first time that I saw so many oranges ready to be picked on a tree.

IMG_0304-2

On the way back, we got to see some wildflowers.

Weather is really lovely these days. I love sunny days.

Untitled

Today is “The First Day of Spring (Spring Equinox) 2014”. Check today’s Google’s doodle (pic above).

1. Aww. Its that beautiful spring season. Isnt it? I miss the weather there the most. Great pics.

1. Yep the weather was very nice. Now we are back to the same old gloomy cloudy rainy days. 😦 😦

2. SG says:

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

1. Thanks SG. Glad you liked them. πŸ™‚

3. Wow. I wonder why I don’t find any orange trees on the road near my home! πŸ™‚ That looks like an interesting tree – flowering throughout and then leaves appearing on them. I have never seen that before.

1. Me too. This was the first time I saw so many oranges on a tree. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Deepak. πŸ™‚

4. Wow! Very nice photos! I saw sakura in Japan a couple of years back..Very very very beautiful feeling! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Preeti. Flowers always look so beautiful.

5. Beautiful photography of the beautiful flowers!!! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Madhumita for visiting my blog. πŸ™‚

6. Arch says:

Those are such beautiful pictures!! I love love love spring! All the flowers blooming, so colorful, so fresh! πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Arch. Spring is my favourite season of the year. πŸ™‚

7. Mi says:

so so so pretty! πŸ™‚ I love oranges… and that pic brightened up my face so much that a colleague almost walked over to my desk to see what I was doing πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Spring time is always beautiful! πŸ™‚

1. :):) very happy to know you liked the pics Mi. Spring is my really the best time of the year.

8. Titaxy says:

wow, so very pretty. i saw japanese cherry blossoms in DC few years ago, that was so beautiful!

1. I really want to visit East coast during summer or fall sometime. I have seen pics that are so beautiful.

9. pixie says:

You have flowers!! Oh! how lucky!! Here.. its still winter! There are no blooms.. not even a tiny leaf!

1. We had a very good weather for sometime and now it is back to the cloudy rainy weather. Just waiting for summer. 😦

10. theSuda says:

Hello… Nice photos..

Looks like you are doing well.. I am fine btw. πŸ˜‰

1. Thanks Suda. How are you doing? Long time no see.

11. I love flowers too! Beautiful pictures of different types of flowers. The oranges…great!

I had seen green apple trees on the road near my niece’s house in London. Husband used to bring them home when he went for walks and give to her and she was laughing! They were cooking apples!

Enjoy, AK!

1. I am yet to see apple trees with apples on them. Just loved looking at the oranges this time.
      Thanks Sandhya. πŸ™‚

12. RED HANDED says:

Something about those pics. Made me suddenly soooooooo happy!!

1. πŸ™‚ Me too. Flowers always cheer me up. They are always so lovely.

13. harsh says:

Spring is here. Awesome pics. The flowers always appear to be so happy isn’t it.

This is a happy part of the year. Time to go for loads of trips πŸ˜€

1. Thanks Harsh. πŸ™‚
      Very true Harsh. It is the happy part of the year. Best season to go out on trips like you said, since it is neither too hot nor too cold.

14. Such pretty pics. I love how oranges and lemons just grow so freely on the streets there πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Nish. Even I have never seen such trees openly in India and since we do not belong to any village or have farmers in our ancestry, I never got to see such trees in India.

15. beautiful flowers. Finally Spring has sprung for you:-)

1. Thanks Damaria for visiting my blog. πŸ™‚

16. S(t)ri says:

I dropped in from PB’s blog. I was amused by your name πŸ˜› or should I say pen name! “Avada Kedavra -The killing curse” I am a potterhead. Btw you have a pretty lovely blog. Glad to meet you!

1. Thanks Sri. Welcome to my blog. πŸ™‚ I am so happy to meet another potterhead πŸ™‚ I looove Harry Potter too.

17. Avada Kedavra, your name is what brought me here. Are you an HP fan too? I’ve lived through the books and movies and even the HP Studio tour. Now looking forward to Magical Beasts on screen. But I digress, I loved the pics of Spring – they’ve really brightened the dull and grey day we’re having. Thanks! Look forward to more posts through A-Z April.

1. I am a HP fan too. Thanks for visiting my blog. πŸ™‚ I am really happy to have met another HP fan. Oh wow! you have been to the HP studio tour? That’s something which is on my wishlist for a long time now. πŸ™‚ Even I am looking forward to watching the Magical beasts movies. I am so glad you liked the pics. πŸ™‚

18. seema3 says:

Preety picutres

1. Thank you Seema. πŸ™‚

Wow! Such beautiful captures!! β™₯ them πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Shilpa. πŸ™‚

Phew… I finally managed to access your blog which I was unable to do on my browser for so many days.

Lovely captures these. Was just thinking, maybe the trees get rid of all the leaves in order to save the nutrition for all the flowers. After all, nature is the most scientific thing there is. πŸ™‚

And ‘Lemon Street’… that must be fun ! πŸ™‚

1. Heyyy Shobhit.. so nice to see you here after a very long time.
      Thanks Shobhit. I think what you said is true, probably they want to preserve the nutrition for flowers.

21. Ashwini C N says:

These light breezy flowers are making me happy for no reason. And this Lemon Street, Orange street sounds fun πŸ™‚

1. Same here Ashwini. Flowers always make me happy πŸ™‚