Hoping for some changes…

… in me. 2013 is already over! It was a year in which I was really sad because of some bad events. But also was very happy because some good things happened. This year made me realize that no matter what goes wrong, my husband is going to be there to support and comfort me.

When recently some of my unmarried friends asked me if I lost independence after marriage, I had a good laugh. My husband has given me freedom and encouragement to do whatever I like. I wonder why people keep cribbing about losing independence after marriage.

IMG_7413_blog
want to concentrate on some things this year:

• Healthier cooking and Exercise – IMG_9525_blogI have been neglecting my health a lot. I did learn lot of new recipes in 2013 by trying a new recipe every week. I want to concentrate on cooking healthier recipes this year. Exercise is something that I have not been able to fit into my hectic schedule. I want to somehow make time for exercise.
  • Reading more books – Last year I did not get enough time to read many books. I want to get back to reading this year. Want to also read some magazines along with books.

I love this magazine
    I love this magazine
  • Get better at photography – I really enjoy photography. It uplifts my mood and makes me happy. I want to dedicate more time to photography and master some new techniques. I am also planning to learn more tricks in Photoshop. I love taking pics of kids the most.

Cutest kiddo I have met
    Cutest kiddo I have met
  • Concentrate on career – I want to dedicate more time to master some of the technical skills.

Our fireplace
    Our fireplace
  • Get back to painting and knitting – I started these two activities last year and then just gave up on both of them. I want to finish atleast 1 painting and knit atleast 1 item this year.

Natural bridge @ Death Valley
    Natural bridge @ Death Valley

1. D says:

Good luck. 🙂

2. Good luck Ash. 🙂 That picture of candle is very pretty.

You love taking pictures of kids? Great, I am hiring you. 🙂 Its been almost an impossible task to put my two little people together for a picture. 🙂

1. Thanks Dil 🙂
      Oh I would love to take pics of the cute kiddos. But yeah making them to pose or stand still will probably be an impossible task 🙂

3. SG says:

Hope you have a wonderful 2014 and all your dreams come true. Have you lost independence after marriage? What kind of question is that? Marrying someone you love doesn’t affect your independence; no one TAKES your independence from you; you have to give it away.

Your unmarried friends don’t know it is give and take. What pleasure would you ever have in only pleasing yourself and not allowing others into your life?

1. Thanks SG. wishing you too a very happy new year.
      I so agree with you on this. Nobody takes away independence from others. It definitely is give and take.

4. I too should learn & practice some photography techniques. Why are those technical skills burning in your fireplace? 😛

1. Yep you should also practice some photography techniques since you put lot of travel posts on your blog.
      Hehe.. right now they are burning. I will have to rescue them you know 😛

5. Good luck with all those goals! They sounds perfectly doable! 🙂 Happy 2014…

6. Hemal Shah says:

May best get to you with these goals. I learned that best way to get there is to start first and to focus. Best wishes for 2014 🙂

1. Thanks Hemal. 🙂 I agree with you.. I must focus and try to get these things done this year.

7. All best..what I am realized over last year.. is that it is all about will to do .. that saying we learnt from childhood… works marvels.. 🙂 Mwaahs, have a wonderful year..

1. Thanks Pins 🙂 You too have a wonderful year 🙂

Pretty doable, realistic and practical goals. Good luck for them and a very happy 2014 to you! 🙂

1. Thanks Shilpa 🙂
      Wishing you too a very happy 2014.

9. Arch says:

Lovely post AK! 🙂
    I loved your list of goals.. Good luck with them.

10. Ashwini C N says:

Good luck with your resolutions 🙂 Happy New year 😉

1. Thanks Ashwini 🙂 Wishing you too a very happy new year 🙂

11. Its always good to get back to what we are passionate about. Have a great 2014, and good luck with achieving all these resolutions.

1. Thanks Anu 🙂 You too have a great travel-filled 2014. 🙂

12. haljordan5 says:

Good luck for not writing down any of them on next year’s list.. 🙂

13. TTS says:

Wow, I can’t believe our lists have so much in common! Good luck with your 2014!

1. Thank you so much and welcome to this blog 🙂 Wishing you too a very happy new year. I just realized that we have most of the items common in our lists 🙂

14. Mi says:

Lovely clicks!! 🙂 🙂 All the best with your resolutions! 🙂

1. Thanks Mi and welcome to this blog 🙂

2. Hey Mi, do you blog? Can you give me your blog address?

1. Mi says:

You seem to have found it already! 🙂

2. yep I did from some other blog 🙂

15. ajay says:

The year has just begun. Wish you a very happy year 🙂 May you achieve all you have set out for 🙂

16. Nish says:

All the best in your resolutions, Ava.

17. Deeps says:

Good luck on your resolutions! Hope you had a rocking start to the year 🙂

1. Thank you Deeps 🙂

18. Rajlakshmi says:

wish you all the best for your resolutions… if you get some healthy easy-to-make recipes… do share with me. You might be saving my and my husband’s life 😛

1. Thanks Rajlakshmi. Sure girl.. if I find some interesting recipes, I will post them here 🙂

19. RED HANDED says:

May your resolutions work out just the way u want them to!

20. countryhoppingcouple says:

Lovely photography Ash….Wishing all your dreams come true this year…