Just some random stuff about my life that I thought of making a note here.
- Sometimes you really wish for something but when you actually get it, you realize that you do not like it. This is what has been happening to me for a while now. I pray for something and when it comes true, I realize that I did not want it. Because what I got was not what I expected to get out of it. Confusing? 🙂
- Why do people love dogs so much? I have never quite understood that. I like animals, but mostly in zoos or in safari parks and definitely not at my home. I find it annoying when people don’t control their dogs. I mean, I know you love your dog but why impose your dog on others? There are people who do not like dogs. Recently a dog belonging to my neighbor started barking at me. When I asked her to control it, she says that I should get used to dogs, since everyone has them. Just because everyone has them, why should I like dogs? I.hate.dogs. I can tolerate any other animal except for dogs. Especially those that bark at every single stranger they see.
- Whenever I make elaborate plans and assure others that my plan would work out, it turns out to be a flop. And I end up getting embarrassed. This has happened to me lot of times.
- Some lessons I have learnt off late are never impose yourselves on others. If you say call a person once and that person doesn’t answer their phone or says they will call you back, then just let it be. Do not call that person again. If they really want to talk to you, they will call you. Similarly, if I have initiated a conversation with someone, I would expect the other person to initiate it next time. If you try to act too friendly, they start treating you like a doormat. True friends always remember you and even if they are busy, will have time to call or message you. If not, then you know that this person was not your true friend.
- One of my friends is proud of her husband. So proud that she never tires of boasting about him. I am happy that she is happy in her life, but I am bored of hearing how great her husband is. I am kind of tired of hearing stories of how well he cooks and looks after her. All these years, he never let her buy a car and when she finally put her foot down, he made her get a used car which looks like junk. Even without asking, my husband made me get a new car. Not sure who should be boasting now. Another friend’s husband got himself a new car while his old car was given to her.
- There are some people who think that just because they had a love marriage, their married life is better than those who went for arranged marriages. How does it matter how two people got married? That is beyond me. I have seen many love marriages fall apart while arranged marriages have been successful. So I have no idea why they think one is superior to the other.
- There was this guy at a company where I recently gave an interview. He asked me to write a program and when I wrote it, he did not even understand it. It is such a basic one which you learn in your bachelors. He then kept arguing that what I had written was wrong. His fundamentals were shaky and he did not even know what he was asking. Finally he wrote something and said this is the right way to do it, which was wrong. I was shocked to see people with no brains interviewing candidates. God knows what sort of candidate he is going to choose. And I am curious to know who selected him. God save the company!
- As the average age of employees in a company increases, innovation dies. There is no out of the box thinking happening and work becomes mundane. New ideas are not appreciated and it becomes all about acquiring knowledge and never applying intelligence.
- In another company where I recently interviewed, something similar happened. And this guy is supposed to be a manager! He does not even know fundamentals and even when I tried to explain, he did not get it. Such people interview others. Wow. I looked up his profile later and saw that he graduated from some crappy college. I am sure he would have copied assignments from others and would have no brains to write a program on his own. He got into this company through some strong reference and cannot code to save his life. This is something I am seeing everywhere. People with no brains sit at the top and ruin a company from inside. Crappy code results in tons of bugs. Poor coding and technical skills leads to more bugs. They just acquire some domain knowledge and purely survive because of that.