Birds and a cart

Recently visited the local zoo and captured some birds.

IMG_7288_small

Majestic Eagle. I felt sad to see it in chains.

IMG_6902_small

Penguin

IMG_7263_small

Vulture with his huge wings, yet unable to fly since it was also chained to the ground.

A cart which I saw at a Napa Valley winery and instantly fell in love with:

IMG_5742_small1

1. Dee says:

very nice photos. πŸ™‚

2. D says:

nice photos πŸ™‚

3. I don’t like the chaining/jailing of animals and birds in zoos. I wonder when the world is going to get on with concepts like safaris, wild-sightings, etc. instead of zoos? Besides, channels like NGC and Discovery bring the wild-life to our homes. Are zoos still necessary?

1. yep true. Felt very bad looking at birds not able to fly. According to me, flying is such an amazing feeling. I don’t know how trapped those birds must be feeling 😦
      Whether zoos are necessary is something that everyone should give a thought about. You are right, we now have NGC showing every possible animal in wild habitat.

The cart pic is my fav out of the lot πŸ™‚

5. Anu says:

The first picture is amazing! The depth of field is superb. I also like the last pic. It’s sad to know about the state of vulture though. Why would they chain birds??

1. Thanks Anu πŸ™‚
      Most of the birds were in cages. These were kept outside the cages in the open and chained probably to prevent them from escaping.

6. Smita says:

Beautiful pictures!!!

1. Thanks Smita πŸ™‚

7. Reema Sahay says:

Lovely Pictures. Cart picture is my favourite too πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Reema πŸ™‚ Thanks for visiting my blog.

8. So sad to see them in chains. Cart pic is really awesome.

1. Thanks Dil πŸ™‚ yeah I felt sad to see them in chains too 😦