Top ten favourite characters

ttt-2

We read so many books every year. But only some characters stay with us for a long time. This time I am listing my favourite characters. Would love to hear your favourites.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

1. Harry Potter from Harry Potter series– No explanations needed I guess 🙂 My second favourite in Harry Potter is Dumbledore.

2. Samwise Gamgee  from Lord of the rings – He is definitely my favourite character. I had a post on him here. I also like Gandalf.

3. Charlotte from Charlotte’s web – Probably the best friend one could ever get. This character (though just a spider) is fantastic.

4. Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock Holmes– One of the most brilliant minds there ever was. Wish I could work as Watson under him.

5.  Marvin from Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy – my most favourite Robot.  He is cute, funny and depressed.

6. Anne from Anne of Green Gables – she is so bubbly, cheerful and reminds me of my childhood when I read a book from the series.

7. Tom Sawyer from Adventures of Tom Sawyer – The naughtiest kid but sweet and funny in his own way.

8. Alice from Alice’s adventures in wonderland – I love the way she gets lost and then finds herself in such a weird world. Keeps wishing that “something would make sense for a change”

9. George from Famous Five series – my first favourite character. She is very courageous, outspoken, honest and doesn’t like being a girl like me.

10. Augustus Waters from Fault in our stars – my most recent favourite. I loved these words at the end of the book left by him and I knew he had to be one of my favourites. “You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have a say in who hurts you”.

1. I totally loved Augustus…so adorable. HP wouldn’t be in my top 10 — Ron is my favourite character from the series and Hermione a close second.

1. Oh even you like Ron. Many people prefer Ron over Harry. I like Ron and Hermione too but Harry is my favourite.

2. Cecelia says:

#1 and 6 live in my heart too – and I love the rest of your list. You can tell a lot about someone from the characters they love, don’t you think? Thanks for sharing!

1. Thanks for visiting my blog Cecelia.
      And I totally agree with you on that. The characters that we love are very much like ourselves I think, the ones with whom we can relate.

3. So many good characters on this list! I don’t even know where to start! Great choices!

Check out my TTT.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

1. Thanks for visiting Sandy. 🙂 Off to see your TTT now.

4. I would add Hermione to my list, most of your favorites are on my list too. Haven’t read about Augustus. Nice quote.

1. I like Hermione too a lot. Thanks Dil 🙂

5. I don’t read many fiction books, but I love the mammoths in Ice Age animation movies. I also like the character of neo in matrix (1). In the movie called twister, I like the character of the heroine. I like the lead character in Pursuit of happiness. There are many more, but mostly movie-based.

1. I like Mammoths too in Ice Age. But my favourite is Sid in Ice age series. Even I like Neo from Matrix. Twister heroine was good too, I love that movie. And agree with you on Pursuit of Happiness lead character. He would be on my top 10 fav characters from movies for sure 🙂

6. pixie says:

I like Huck Finn as well!! 😀

1. Huck Finn is a great character too!

ossum collection..one look at the title and i know wat wud be first on the list :D:D i like fred and george the twins..as much as i like potter…ditto for sherlok, Alice and Tom sawyer…i also like Florentyna Rosnovsky from “Prodigal daughter”…god knows how many times i’ve read that novel 😀 i alo like obelix…tintin…jughead….betty…. :))

1. hehe. I like Fred and George too a lot.. didnt like the way they had no role in the last movie 😦
      I havent read Prodigal daughter so cant comment.. Tintin my fav too 🙂 I like Jughead too…

8. Prasad says:

1. Almost every character from Pulp Fiction. Especially Jules Winnfield(Samuel L Jackson). Hell, Vincent Vega(John Travolta) , Winston Wolf, Marsellus Wallace, Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis), every single one of them is awesome. Heard of one scence wonder? Look for Captain Koons monologue. Man, Chris Walken is the only one could pull that off!!

2. A very very close number 2. Jeff “The Dude” Lebowski from The Big Lebowski. This character single handedly created a online religion called “Dudeism”. This movie’s cult status is so huge that a “Lebowski fest”. Jeff Bridges is one hell of an actor. A bit hard to explain his character and the movie, and a rare gem that doesn’t fall in any genre!! May be a film noir dark comedy. Also Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) is one hell of a charecter.

3. Oskar Schindler from Schindler’s List. God, one of the most amazing persons and well acted characters I have ever seen. Also, Spielberg’s best movie ever. The movie that made me break down. A must watch.

3. Ed Wood (Jhonny Depp) from Ed Wood. A loosely true story about the worst director of all time, which turns out to be an awesome movie. An overlooked gem from pre-Jack Sparrow Jhonny Depp, which is at his best. I watched this movie in TNT (remember that channel after cartoon network!!), and I was blown away. Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi stole the show with his scenes.
    A little trivia about the real Bela Lugosi: He was the actor who played the original Dracula, and it was so good that people believed that he was the real one. When he died he was buried in Dracula costume!! (Screw you sparkling vampire wannabies 😀 :D)

4. Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem) from No Country for Old Men. The most dreaded villan I have ever saw in a film. The movie itself a genre buster like The Big Lebowski (Both directed by Coen Bros). An awesome made character, pure unstopplable evil, his own moral code, and a competent and a scary tracker. Even you could get killed if you are trying to make small talk with him!!

5. Rocky “The Italian Stallion” Balboa from the Rocky Series. A true inspiration. Damn, he has a real statue in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, famously known as “Rocky Steps”. His character is loosely based on various real boxers, notably Chuck Wepner, an unknown boxer who survived 15 frikkin rounds against Mohammed Ali. In the second film he is based on Joe Frazier, who has defeted Ali for the first time. Ali was the inspiration for his opponent character, Appollo Creed. By the third film, Rocky himself turned into Mohammed Ali, and the opponent Clubber Lang, is based on the insanely powerful boxer George Foreman. Hmm, a true complex character!!!

That’s my 2 cents. I do have a lot more, but it’s already looking like an elephant in your comment section (sorry for that).

1. You are back 🙂 where were you all these days? busy life?
      Other than Schindler’s list I couldnt comment on others. Havent seen movies other than Pulp Fiction in this list. And I did not quite like it, but must watch it again sometime. It is a very “guy-ish” movie I guess.. I watched Rocky half and couldn’t finish it. Nice list 🙂 Will try to cover some movies from this list soon.

1. Prasad says:

I was living in a cave for 4 months without internet. Actually that’s good. I became less stupid for some time 🙂

That’s just my opinion. Yes, pulp fiction and rocky are guyish and been copied a lot and they might look cliche by now. But do check out big lebowski and ed wood.

2. living without Internet? is it even possible? :O wow.. I could never do that..

3. Prasad says:

Try it for a week or two… u ll feel atleast a little bit intelligent then ur current iq… seriously, u feel like u r gonna invent time travel device..

4. ooh.. I am scared to even think about a week without Internet 😀

guyish ??? who is commenting in guise of AK 😀

6. 😀 probably it is tooooo guyish.. I didnt like the movie 😦

9. Sid says:

I like Luna Lovegood and Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series.
    And Samwise Gamgee, with his Hobbit sense is the one of the coolest characters in all of Middle Earth!
    And there are more…will have to write up something on that….

1. I liked Sirius Black too a lot. Why dont you write a post about your favourite characters? Would love to see your list. 🙂
      Thanks for visiting my blog!

10. Reema says:

Oh mine would be Hermione actually. Also Jupiter Jones from three investigators!

1. I like Hermione too 🙂

11. Hi,

Came over from Destination Infinity.

Your list is quite interesting given that you remember them. Even I like Sam and Gandalf from LOTR.

I like Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice, Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mocking Bird, Gulliver from Gulliver’s Travels, Swami from Swami and Friends, . . . For now these are the only ones who come to my mind.

Glad to have stopped by. Shall come for more.

Joy always,
    Susan

1. Nice to know about your favourite characters Susan 🙂 Do you blog too? Can you give me the link to your blog?