Most favourite movies: Tag

DI tagged me to name 3 of my most favourite English and Hindi movies. Time to list some more movies that I loved watching ๐Ÿ™‚ Selecting the top 2 was very easy since they are my most favourite movies of all time. But selecting one more movie was very tough so I thought I will list 3 more; 5 in total in English. Hindi, however I will list just 3.

1. The Lord of the Rings (2001, 2002, 2003)

the-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy-poster-c12040157

I knew this movie would be my most favourite since I have watched all the 3 parts, especially the last part (Return of the King) so many times. I am sure I have not watched any other movie so many times. I know most of the dialogues by heart and the story scene by scene. I love Sam Gamgee and I even dedicated a post on him here. I also have a post on the favourite quotes from the movies. This movie is great since I love fantasy, the story is amazing and fresh, nothing like we have ever seen before, NZ where it was shot is beautiful, the war scene is the best I have ever seen in any movie. This movie had the best special effects (before Avatar was released) and I am a sucker for graphics!

2. Pirates of the Caribbean (2003, 2006, 2007)

pirates

Jack Sparrow is my most favourite fictional character. I never knew a pirate’s life could be that interesting, until I watched Johny Depp in action, in this movie. Love the movie for the story, settings, plot, actors, everything. This movie was inspired from a popular ride in Disneyland and it is always crowded with people. After standing for almost 2 or more hours in the queue, I took the ride only to get scared after a fall in a man-made waterfall. I simply love Jack Sparrow and his quotes in the movie which are in this earlier post of mine. Another reason for liking this movie is Orlando Bloom (isnt he cute?). I loved the first part of the movie, the most. And am desperately waiting for the 4th part to come.

3. Dark Knight (2008)

darkknight

I am little weird since my most favourite superhero has always been BATMAN, right from my childhood days. I never liked any other superhero as much as I loved batman. I have watched each and every episode of Batman and Robin that was aired on DD in the past. So how could I miss the best movie of his? I just loooved the movie for everything – action, joker, the ending, background score, great actors and director, Batman’s bike and car. I got the opportunity to see Batman’s carย up-close, when they brought it to a nearby mall for display, when this movie got released. The next batman movie is supposed to be the last one ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I had hoped to see Robin in the coming movies. Hope he makes an entry in the next movie atleast! “I am the night. I am Batman” (from the cartoon)

My favorite quote from the movie:

The Joker: I took Gotham’s white knight and I brought him down to our level. It wasn’t hard. You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

4. Avatar (2009)

avatar-001

This movie had to enter the list since it is so magical. Even though the story is cliched, I loved it mainly because of the visuals. The above scene where those seeds from their home tree lands looks so stunning in 3D. I loooved this scene and also the scene where they show the floating mountains. My jaw literally dropped looking at those scenes. I never realized that the movie was long. I did not want the movie to end ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Schindler’s List (1993)

schindlerslistost

This movie entered the list since this is the most touching movie I have ever watched. It is about Hitler and the atrocity that Jews were subjected to. Even though we read about gas chamber and all that happened during those days in the school textbook, watching it on screen was completely different. How could someone kill so many people for apparently no reason at all, is something I started thinking about. Liam Niesson has done a great job as Oscar Schindler. Be ready to cry buckets since I cried the most watching it. This is one movie that I feel everyone must watch, since it is more of an eye opener than anything else.

Coming to hindi, my favourite actor has always been and will always be Salman Khan. I guess the main reason for this is that I grew up watching his movies in 90s and usually the movies that we watch in our childhood days make a lot of impact on us ๐Ÿ™‚ So all the 3 most favourite movies have Salman Khan in them and I have watched these movies probably more than 50 or 100 times ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Hum aapke hain kaun (1994)

hum_aapke_hain_kaun

This is one movie that even my dad likes and as a result, father-daughter duo have watched it innumerable times. This is a simple family story, with lot of sad and happy moments in their life. Madhuri Dixit looks stunning in this movie and Salman as always is cute. Others like Anupam Kher, Alok Nath and Reema Lagoo have done a great job at acting.

2. Andaz apna apna (1994)

andaz_apna_apna

This is one of the funniest movies ever made in Bollywood. I have watched this movie sooo many times that I know each and every dialogue. And the dialogues are so funny too. “Mark idhar hain” scene always has me in splits. I heard that they are planning to make a second part of this movie. Hope they make a second part. “Crime master gogo”, “galti se mistake ho gaya”, “kiske maama ka gun hain”, “lallu taplu”.. all these are going to stay in my memory for a long long time.

3. Maine pyar kiya (1989)

maine-pyar-kiya-wallpaper

This is the first movie that I ever liked. When my aunts came home once, my dad got its video tape and that was the first time I watched a hindi movie and enjoyed. I had actually seen some old black and white ones before that, but this was the movie that I loved the most. I love the songs, the story, Salman, everything about this movie ๐Ÿ™‚

I tag everyone reading this post to name 3 of their most favourite English and Hindi movies. If you are not in the mood to make a post on this, scribble in the comment section. DI is preparing a list of all good movies, your favourite movies will make an entry there. You can also check the existing list there ๐Ÿ™‚

1. THE MATRIX has not even got a honorary mention!!!!!!! This tag was actually started for PCATM – Prevention of Cruelty against (my dearest) THE MATRIX ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

When compared to the Lord of Rings, THE MATRIX was better because it ended in each part!! I have not watched the other four movies and hence cannot compare! ๐Ÿ™‚

(As THE MATRIX was not made in Hindi) I agree that all the three hindi movies are good ๐Ÿ™‚ . Should watch Andaz apna apna again, as I have almost forgotten it! Thanks for doing the tag, and you have given a nice list…

1. I loooove Matrix but I dont think it will make my top 5 list though, but definitely in my top 10 list ๐Ÿ™‚ Deciding the movies was difficult so I went with the movies which I can watch again and again, without getting bored. I prefer LOTR over Matrix, because of the storyline which is amazing and I have also read LOTR book, which is one of my favouritesss (only next to Harry Potter) ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Lord of the Rings came as a book? Wonder how such a subject could be… As far as some movies I have watched, like the Congo, Jurassic Park etc, the books were better than the movies! I guess writing thrillers is such a talent – they won’t let us drop the book for eating even!!

2. Yeah LOTR is more of a classic book, than a thriller though.. it is a fascinating story with some very interesting characters and the author has invented a new language and has even written a map detailing some fictitious places that he came up with.. try to read it if you get a chance ๐Ÿ™‚

2. vimmuuu says:

Too tough to choose ! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ Btw, salman fan, eh ?? ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Vimmuuu you have been tagged! ๐Ÿ˜€
      Yep I am a Sallu fan since childhood, from the day I watched MPK ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Harini says:

All 3 movies of Salman huh? I have this tag too but you know me… its impossible for me to select just 3. To select 100 itself I felt as if I missed so many favorites :P.

1. Hehe yeah it’s tough to choose just 3.. I just went with those that I keep watching again and again.. I am waiting for your top 100 Bollywood list.. that would be very interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚

I knew already even before scrolling down, which movies to expect from you in this list… ๐Ÿ˜›

By the way, I agree with ‘Harini’. 3 is such a small number. ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Hehe.. having read all the old posts, I am sure you have understood my taste well ๐Ÿ™‚ Btw you have been tagged Shobhit.. what are your favourite ones?

5. Mansi says:

Nice blog!
    I was 4 when Maine Pyar Kiya released. Louve the film… have seen it like more than 50 times…. brings back a lot of old memories. Everytime I’d go my masi’s place, this is one film I’d pick up and watch =)

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Hope to see you around more often.

Cheerio!

1. Thanks Mansi and welcome to my blog..

6. Renu says:

Nice list !..my all time favourite is Silsila in Hindi and Few good man In English

1. Silsila is a very nice movie.. I am yet to watch Few good men though. But have heard it’s good from my dad ๐Ÿ™‚

i thot u r a brainy one..seems u like the brawny lot (salman) too ๐Ÿ˜€ no mention of godfather!!!

1. I dont know.. Godfather wouldnt make top 5 list of mine for sure.. I dont fancy it much.. I love Salman ๐Ÿ˜€ Give me your list Gils!

8. Prasad says:

Good list !! But you could have mentioned in a reverse order (N.E.R.D??)
    I thought you ll mention atleaset 1 pixar film, 1 Nolan film or 1 Stephen King film (alteast Shawshank Redemption). Opinions differ!
    In Hindi no DCH or DDLJ!!

1. There is a Nolan movie right? Dark Knight?
      Pixar movies.. I somehow dont like comparing animation with regular movies.. they are so totally different.. I already had a list for animation so dint put them here..
      Shawshank Redemption is a great movie and a favourite of mine but dont think it will be in top 5 though..
      DCH is not a favourite of mine.. DDLJ is great but not a big Sharukh fan so wouldnt enter top 3 for sure ๐Ÿ™‚
      Tell me your most fav ones Prasad!

1. Prasad says:

My bad!!
        My wish list.. I always have a top 10!!

10. Million Dollar Baby
        9. Inception
        8. Devar Magan
        7. Batman Duology (By Nolan)
        6. Kill Bill Vol I & II
        5. Amelie (Must Watch!!!)
        4. Shawshank Redemption
        3. City Lights
        2. Pulp Fiction (One hell of a movie! Can write a Novel sized review!!)
        1. Pushpak (Nothing can beat this.. And too the first 20min sequence of a struggling youth that suit’s my dad’s, mine and my son’s generation!!)

2. Pushpak is a great movie.. havent watched some movies from the list.. will check them out.. thanks for the list ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Btw is this new blog template alright?

1. Prasad says:

Template?? Got worse!! My Win7 Firefox is using 350MB after opening ur page!!

2. Will fix it asap.. I put a dark background temporarily since the snow was not visible otherwise!

Wow! U hv done it!
    I usually watch only highly recommended ones and it’s so difficult to choose three of them. Loved ur list ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Oh yeah choosing which one is best is really difficult.. I asked my mom and she immediately said LOTR since she has seen me watch it infinite times ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Reema says:

Dont tell me u r a Salman fan!! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

1. vimmuuu says:

and whats ur problem if she is a salman fan ? hmmpphh!

2. Lol.. yep I am a Salman fan ๐Ÿ™‚
      are you anti-salman by any chance?

11. Bikram says:

Ok lets get the bad out .. I hate salman khan what with him taking his shirt off all thetime .. Ok hate is a big word .. I dont like him though i have seen all the movies he is a good actor.. ๐Ÿ™‚ ok now i got u confused lets go to englis hversion

Schindlrs list the best movie shud be number one ..

BEautiful movies you have mentioned loved all of them myself

Bikram’s

1. Haha.. I liked Salman even before shirtless movies came; those in which he did not even have good physique and I like him that way more actually.. Yeah Schindler’s list is a great movie..
      What are you favourite ones Bikram? Make a post on this.. you can also make one on Punjabi movies..

12. ajay says:

The Dark Knight has to be on everyone’s list of all time favorite movies. I loved other movies too but I agree it’s very difficult to choose just 3. I am a big Salman Khan fan too. He is the smartest dude ever ๐Ÿ™‚ Nicely done tag. Will take it up sometime ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks Ajay..Dark Knight is simply brilliant.. I love the dialogues a lot ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re a salman fan too? great! Waiting for your list ๐Ÿ™‚

OMG! U have watched these movies 50-100 times!! Shocked I am!! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
      Now you know na.. I am such a big movie buff ๐Ÿ™‚

I am yet to watch LOTR and as you have suggested I am thinking of watching movies before reading the book ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Pirates of Carribean.. I love it for the performance of Jhonny Depp.. he rocked.. I still love that ๐Ÿ™‚

Avatar and The Dark Knight are my eternal favorites ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ Schindler’s list is a movie I am yet to watch.. will do soon ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn’t watched any of the hindi movies you have listed.. have to check them ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Oh yes! Do watch LOTR.. I am sure you will love it, since you are a Harry Potter fan and like fantasy ๐Ÿ™‚ But it is nothing like HP, completely different..
      Watch Schindler’s list too and write a better review (mine is not that good and very short)..
      Waiting for your fav list Kanagu ๐Ÿ™‚

nice list ๐Ÿ™‚

my favs – English – Harry Potter series, Life is beautiful, A beautiful Mind, Midsummer night’s dream, Remember the titans (sorry, I had to name more than 3 :P)

Hindi – dil chahta hai, andaz apna apna, haf ticket, golmal (old), khatta meetha, angoor, 15 park avenue and many others ๐Ÿ˜›

1. I can watch Harry Potter movies any number of times ๐Ÿ™‚ But somehow feel books were better than the movies.. Life is beautiful and A beautiful mind are my fav movies.. Havent seen Midsummer nightโ€™s dream and Remember the titans.. must watch them.
      Golmaal (old) is one of my favs too.. so hilarious and I love Amol Palekar ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thanks for the list Neha ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Jack Sparrow and Joker are two of fav. characters ever ๐Ÿ™‚ Haven’t watched lord of the rings or Schindler’s list(part of my must watch list) ๐Ÿ™‚

1. If you like fantasy, you will loooove LOTR ๐Ÿ™‚ Schindler’s list is a great movie.. never met somehow who did not like it..

17. scorpria says:

Not a movie person…but LOVED Avatar…for its magical quality, like you said. And clicjed tho it was, the way the message was conveyed!

18. scorpria says:

Not a movie person…but LOVED Avatar…for its magical quality, like you said. And cliched tho it was, the way the message was conveyed!

1. Yep Avatar was simply mind-blowing ๐Ÿ™‚

19. sm says:

good list
    like all the movies

1. Thanks sm ๐Ÿ™‚ and welcome to my blog!

20. hemal says:

Loved Avatar for its brilliant story line and execution, and not surprised it not to be in this list.

As for the Hindi Movies, I think all deserved the mention here, however sidelined to your liking to Salman, i wont comment on them ๐Ÿ˜›

However, I wont agree with the LOR topping my list. Its a brilliant movie no doubt, but not likely to make it to my top 5.

1. Yep Avatar was just simply amazing! ๐Ÿ™‚ What are your top 3 favourite movies Hemal?

1. hemal says:

Valentine’s Day – A Lovely romantic movie that you is a good watch (dont know about you, but feel you should), gives a great insight into how to understand relationships and finding the right person for you in your life.

Pirates of the Caribbean.

2. Oh yes I watched Valentine’s day in theatre ๐Ÿ™‚ It was a good movie, liked it.

21. Harsh says:

A big Yesssss to all the above mentioned movies …!!!! …… ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

22. Harsh says:

English >>
    1. The Shawshank Redemption
    2. Fight Club
    3. LOTR

Hindi >>
    1. 3 Idiots
    2. Guzaarish
    3. Dil Chahta Hai ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

Its so hard to cut down the list to 3 .. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

1. ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks!
      I love Shawshank Redemption and Fight club a lot! they are my fav movies too..You like Guzaarish? Really? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ because I heard many people say it was boring

I liked Schindler’s list very much. Have watched Lord of the rings many times with my sons and sort of like it. Pirates of the Caribbean too is OK. Have not watched Avatar and Dark Knight.

Have watched all the 3 Salman movies and they are stress busters! We can watch them any time!

Nice list, A.K.

1. Do watch Avatar and Dark Knight when you get a chance.. really love both the movies ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks Sandhya!

24. Aniruddh says:

I like your list but I think 2 of my personal favourite hollywood movies : “The Shawshank Redemption” and “Fight Club” shud have been there. Both of them are gr8 movies, in fact life changing movies. You should watch them for sure.
    And btw thanks for visiting my blog..!! ๐Ÿ˜€

1. I love both the movies you mentioned – Shawshank Redemption and Fight Club ๐Ÿ™‚ They will definitely be in my all-time fav movies!