Seriously Science – I

I am planning to start this new series of posts on Science, on a topic in Science. My mom noticed this streak of orange-ish red sun rays one morning and called me to take its pic. It does look like a solar storm effect. Look at the sun particles scattered beautifully all over the blue sky. One thing that I have on my to-do list is watching the Auroras. They must be so beautiful with neon lights glowing in the sky. One thing to watch out for is 2012. It has been predicted that sun will be at its maximum intensity in 2012 and it might result in one of the biggest solar storms we have witnessed on Earth. Is the world really going to end? or we will be just left with some days of no telecommunications and electricity? or there wont be a huge solar storm? Let’s wait for 2 more years to figure that out πŸ™‚

img_5254-1

1. scorpria says:

Love the pic. It’s really like the sky’s decked up for a wedding πŸ˜‰

1. PNA says:

Just for a wedding or a festival… πŸ™‚
      beautifully framed by the tree ..

Gud one Priya πŸ™‚

3. oh yeah the sky looks indeed as if it has dressed up for some occasion πŸ™‚ thanks girls πŸ™‚

2. piyu says:

The pic is really nice! Love the colours.

1. Thanks Piyu.. glad you liked it girl πŸ™‚

3. Vimmuuu says:

If the world is going to end like how they showed it in the movie 2012; its going to be fun ! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

1. Hahaha.. yeah it will really be fun.. my target is to get married before such a thing happens πŸ˜€

LOL getting married before the world ends…wwoww πŸ˜€ this is wat is called ambition πŸ™‚

2. πŸ˜‰ one should have such ambitions in life you see πŸ˜€

3. but my ambition can be fulfilled.. I doubt your cooking ambition will get fulfilled.. do you really think you can learn it? πŸ˜›

:)) 2012 world ending for sure πŸ™‚ me plng to learn cookin tht year :))

1. why learn cooking that yr itself? O_o something even more fishy… hmmm.. is it because you feel you might be left alone on this planet or something like “I am legend” πŸ˜›

naah…i decided in 2007 tht i shd learn cookin in 5 years time πŸ˜€ thts y πŸ™‚

2. aha why 5 yr planning for cooking? πŸ˜› why dont you learn it now.. now as in NOW! πŸ˜›

5. Rumya says:

Beautiful picture Ava!! πŸ™‚
    And you’re right…we’ll just have to wait and see what happens in 2012. Only time will tell and unveil this mystery.
    Will be following your series.. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Rumz πŸ˜€ glad you liked it gal πŸ™‚

6. Ava says:

Thats a lovely pic. A frn of mine was lucky enough to look at and take pics of the Aurora. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Ava.. your friend is indeed lucky huh witnessing auroras.. I so badly want to see one πŸ™‚

7. Sweta says:

Would Love to know more about it.Bring on the series girl :DBtw,love your new template πŸ˜€

1. Thanks girlie.. this is a template given by WP..

πŸ™‚

Wonderful ! At last someone is taking some serious interest in Science. And specially the Solar System which has an unlimited scope of discoveries and spectacular celestial events. I was just observing the picturesque beauty of the ‘Eid-moon’ the other day. It’s such a unique celestial event too.

I hope more people would drop the numerous non-issues surrounding our lives and admire the wonders of science that are everywhere around us.

No wonder it is AK who is bringing our attention towards science… πŸ˜€

1. Oh yeah I just loooooove science πŸ˜€ And even I looove looking at our moon, especially with my telescope.. I was searching for bloggers who blog on science topics recently.. I found very few people who blog on science topics.. however there are plenty of emags.. but the problem is not many people are interested in reading about science.. let me see if people like this series of posts πŸ™‚ Thanks Shobhit πŸ™‚

9. Renu says:

beautiful npicture!!

10. aativas says:

You can name the series Sci-Pho (on the lines of sci-fi!) πŸ™‚

1. Sci-pho sounds awesome πŸ˜€ Thanks for the idea Aativas πŸ™‚

Wow, u get to watch Aurora’s there???Awesome!! I’m coming….wait for me!!! πŸ˜€
    As for the world coming to end in 2012, rubbish!! Hmm just in case it is happening…I think I better get married before that!! πŸ™„

LOL Ash. Gud luck πŸ˜‰

2. Haha.. even my aim is that.. if at all the world is gonna end, I wanna die with my husband πŸ˜‰

12. KG says:

That is a beautiful picture you have captured there. The streaks of orange perfectly compliment the darkness of the sky.

1. Thanks KG πŸ™‚ and welcome to my blog!

Very interesting AK. Wil look fwd to ur posts πŸ™‚

1. Thanks swaram πŸ˜€

ummm, ok, posts on the subject i loathe as much as i loathe history!

loved this pic πŸ™‚

1. Hehe πŸ™‚ Thanks Neha

15. Chatterbox says:

Very interesting Avada, looking forward to your series πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    Loved that gorgeous shot πŸ˜›

1. Thanks CB πŸ™‚ I am realllyy happy that you liked it πŸ˜€

16. Prasad says:

Nice pic but I m not sure whether it’s a solar storm. An intense solar flare can lead to ‘solar maximum’ which scatters to different colors depending upon surface temperature. Lesser the temp, higher the color variation. That’s the reason for the colorful skies in Norway, artic & antartic.
    The 2012 solar storm is the end of a solar cycle formed in 1958 and will be 30% stronger. It may even come earlirer in 2011 and it can give some fantastic pictures and videos.
    Intrestingly, 1958 saw the beginning of space age, when Sputnik was launched a year before. 2012 may start a new age, not like an overnight destruction stupidly depicted in the day after tmw or 2012 movie. Even it took 25,000 yrs for a 300-time bigger solar storm to cause ice age and the dinosaur extinction event lasted for 200,000 yrs.
    But if a war hits, it could be overnight!

1. yeah even I doubt if it is indeed solar storm.. Not sure what exactly it is.. Yep even I dont think the world is gonna end in 2012.. but with the Mayan calendar ending et al, no idea what is in store for us.. there might be something like a tsunami.. But war is something that better not happen!

17. Rajlakshmi says:

the picture looks beautiful ….
    two more years and we will know what 2012 has in store for us πŸ™‚

1. thanks girl.. yep even I am really curious to know what indeed is gonna happen in 2012 😐

18. Harini says:

Lovely Picture :).

I hope nothing bad happens in 2012 and I dont think it will either πŸ™‚

1. Thanks girl.. even I m hoping so πŸ™‚

19. That is a awesome idea. I so wanna see northen skylights..They are so beautiful.

Good picture Avada!

1. Thanks Dilontherocks πŸ™‚

20. hemal says:

its not solar strom for sure. you took this pic in the evenings, and hence its a time the sky turn orange. the orange on the clouds is reflected coz of sun rays on clouds..

Auroras are on my to do list too.. wanna really see the neon lights flaring up the sky.. I have seen videos of it on NatGeo once. I wanna seem them live. You have to be extremely lucky to have a sight.

And yes, very much I wanna get married before its the end of the world.. you see, in many cases we here in India chukkle, are dost muje maaf karde, meri toh ab tak shaadi bhi nahi hui…

Saw that you attending the IndiBlr meet!! Well would certainly miss seeing the face behind the name Avada Kedavra.

1. Hey Hemal, I dint take the pic in evening .. It was early morning and it was not just ordinary sun rays.. I havent captured it well in the pic but it looked like the sky was completely decked up.. it was not something that we usually see and then even in the TV, they were showing pictures of the sky saying it was different..It has to be an outburst of solar flares or a mini version of solar storms.. auroras usually appear at the poles so this might be just scattering of sun rays.. not sure though..
      Auroras are toooo beautiful.. even I have seen them on TV.. but not in reality 😦
      Hehe.. lol@”are dost muje maaf karde, meri toh ab tak shaadi bhi nahi hui…” that’s a standard dialogue πŸ™‚
      Are you located in Blr too? Then why dont you attend the meet? It will be nice..

1. hemal says:

I am not sure about attending. I stay in Mumbai!

21. ajay says:

Wow, it’s an awesome idea! I’d like to do something similar πŸ˜€ Very beautiful pic.

22. Ajay says:

Rajnikanth just bought a laptop with 3-yr warranty :P! So world can’t end in 2012 πŸ˜›

23. Ajay says:

Seeing your blog after a long time.. Nice design.. But I think the older design looked more reader friendly.. Just a personal thought.. May be its just me who prefers the links etc on the right side of the page rather than the left..

1. yeah this one is pretty boring too I feel.. need to change the template soon..