Nostalgic post

Isn’t it true that college days are the best days of our lives? These days I have become very nostalgic about my college days, owing to the fact that I can’t meet even a single college friend of mine 😦

Yeah! this is what happens when you leave the country where you have tons of friends. Let me make this post as wordless as possible πŸ™‚

This post is dedicated to all those people who made my life special in the last few years πŸ™‚ All those hundreds of friends that I made during my college days. Dedicated to all the night outs that we did, all those movies we watched, all the restaurants where we hogged, all those exams we prepared together for, all those sleepless nights we called each other to keep ourselves awake or just standing outside and talking philosophical matters past midnight with a friend πŸ™‚

With R and S, I set out to climb a mountain at 11 in the night. We went to a lake and chatted for hours together. Then the three of us,Β  climbed the mountain at midnight, only to be caught by a cop. He had come all the way up since he saw some people on the mountain. We were damn scared to see a man there, since we were just 3 girls there. He warned us and left saying it was illegal to be on the mountain after 10 PM.

At 1 AM, we have gone to iHop and hogged on some delicious food along with coffee. Those were the days when we did night-outs. Once we spent most of the A4 size printer papers in making rockets and hitting each other with them. Those sleepless nights in the lab where we kept talking more than working, those weekends where we spent more time in coffee shops than working in labs. Miss the snow fight I had with A, S and R, where we kept hitting each other with snow balls.

Miss each and every person! Now that everyone is in a different city in a different part of the world, wish I could go back in time and just enjoy those days one more time.

univ

I can give anything to walk along this path just once again

univ2

the place where I spent most of my time

p1010044
Our midnight view of the city from the mountain

1. Deeps says:

This is truly nostalgic. School/college days are always so fun and memorable, isnt it! I wish I could go back in time and live all those moments again!

Beautiful post πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Deeps.. yeah school and college days are indeed very memorable πŸ™‚

Thatz such a sweet post. Sigh! Why isn’t the world smaller πŸ™„

1. Thanks Swaram πŸ™‚ Yep wish world was smaller and wish all the friends we make always stayed close to us!

such a nostalgic post! I miss my college days too..I have enjoyed my college life more than my school life you know..

loved the clicks and the post πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Neha.. yeah same here.. I never enjoyed my school life as much as I enjoyed my college days.. In school days, I feel I was very immature and kiddish to really enjoy these πŸ™‚

4. Vimmuuu says:

Sigh ! Those good old days ! You know what, I am in the process of making a video and to complete it, I had to visit my college last weekend. It was a sunday and the college gates were locked. I got in somehow and took pics. You wont believe, that 30 mins inside the college was unbelievable ! I missed everybody, I missed those days, I even missed me !

1. That’s a great idea.. making a video πŸ™‚ You can pass it on to your friends, I am sure that will be the best gift you can give to your friends!

5. chinkurli says:

I hope you can visit your college soon, and have a fun reunion with your friends πŸ™‚ Nothing like college days! sigh.

1. Thanks Chinkurli.. And welcome to my blog πŸ™‚
      I hope I will be able to make another trip to my college and revive all those memories.. a reunion would simply be too good πŸ™‚

wow…ur college looks awesome..very scenic πŸ™‚

1. yeah it was pretty scenic inside πŸ™‚ thanks gils

7. Avada's Fan Says says:

Nicely written but do you think this post is really ‘nostalgic’ or whatever?
    My dad still meets up his college friends every year for his 1980 batch and last month is their 30th ‘get to gather’. People from almost 6 states come around with the help of mere postal services and we fail to do that with mobiles and internet. The technology has gone so far to have a video conference online with everyone in our past life. But the minds in our generation got a load of things in queue with priority, with no time to do that. Atleast bloggers can make a post like this, and others with sms & mails.
    Still we see a ‘bright’ future ahead with new friends and lot of gettogather with school gang, college gang, 1st company gang, onsite gang etc,. Every meet is just planned and nothing more. We just find faults on others even we do so. So just a ‘Miss them’ can do instead of a bond.
    The ‘nostalgic’ moments come only in memories like ‘going back in time’, ‘small world’ and we end up in writing mails and blogs. May be you can write something about this irony in future.
    P.S: Pls don’t say ‘I agree with you’ and ‘you are right’ kinda.

1. yeah it’s not very nostalgic.. It’s been just 2 yrs since I left college πŸ˜€ I can’t really term it as nostalgic.. but I still miss it and all my friends..
      That’s great you know.. I mean the way your father and his friends still keep in touch.. even though we have facebook and other sites these days, people dont even take the pain to comment “how are you” or sometimes reply to a “how are you”.. And I think it is definitely because people think if they lose a friend, they can get many more. I definitely should make a post on this irony sometime..

1. I know you asked me not to say these but still I agree with you since you are right πŸ˜€

2. Prasad says:

You are a corporate employee in 2006 & student in 2008? Fishy again!

3. why Fishy? πŸ˜€ Cant people go back to college after working for a while? think think πŸ˜›

4. Prasad says:

All rain in Bangaluru!

8. Bikram says:

Offcourse they are the best days .. and the sad part is they will not come back again which is a pity..

Hope you get to meet all those people now and then .. All the best

1. Thanks Bikram.. yeah those days will never come back and that is the saddest part right πŸ™‚

9. Rajlakshmi says:

awww thats such a sweet nostalgic post πŸ˜€
    college days were really fun… you have mountain near your collge… thats cool πŸ˜€
    lovely photos too πŸ™‚

1. Thanks Rajlakshmi.. yeah we had a mountain which was solely within the college campus πŸ™‚

πŸ™‚

Lucky you… !

11. Ava says:

I feel very nostalgic about my school/college too. It brings back those carefree days in a rush.

1. yeah those were the only tension free days in our lives right πŸ™‚ Once you leave school/college, life become more difficult..

Sigh….dammit now you’ve done it… I’ve gone into past mode!!! Dyaaammm!!! lol πŸ˜€

1. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ come back to present Ash.. we need to deal with matrimonial mishmashes now! πŸ˜€

13. Renu says:

we always look at past with fondness.

14. Pallavi says:

Awww….no doubts college days are the best!! That’s when we are old enough to enjoy life and young enough to not have to be too ‘responsible’ πŸ˜‰

1. Oh yeah.. during school days, we were too young.. college days are the best πŸ™‚

15. Venky says:

as i say “Time flies no repellent can stop it from swarming over your sweet memories. I also wish i were in college free of any responsibilities and enjoying it out. Still no complaints i always find ways to enjoy and be happy πŸ™‚

1. yeah.. in a way, I sometimes dont feel like going back to college, because of exams πŸ˜€ but still sometimes miss those days

This is a like a ‘those were the best days of my life’ kinda post !! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

1. yep πŸ™‚ Summer of ’08 you can say πŸ˜€

Wow.. My college memories are always the best thing and I can meet my friends whenever I want.. YAY!!!

Thats something unbelievable… πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I just seen the pictures of my final year tour last friday and it made me nostalgic.. those days will never return πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Wishing you see your friends soon AK πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

1. oh yeah you had made some posts on college friends too right Kanagu πŸ™‚ those days will never return for sure.. πŸ™‚

18. Nish says:

College days are always the best…much better than school days in fact, with no pressure of boards looming up ahead πŸ˜€

1. yeah very true.. school days werent very much enjoyable in my case.. I love my college days the most πŸ™‚

19. hemal says:

When I read this post, i am sure it was same for others, the flash back memories of school and collage came infront of our eyes… lovely post

made me remember that those days cant come again… 😦

1. thanks Hemal πŸ™‚
      Yeah those days cant come again 😦 😦 That’s the sad part

20. Shalini! says:

Nice! If given a chance, I would love to go back to college days once again – the fun-filled days! Oh… but I don’t like writing exams and awaiting results! πŸ˜‰

1. yeah same here.. I would never want to write exams again! Hate the exam days..

21. DilOnTheRocks says:

Awww.. That sounds like so much fun. I am sure you miss it all? Are you still in SFO?

1. yeah really miss all the fun I had.. I am no longer in US. I moved back to India for good and that’s why missing all those days even more πŸ™‚

22. Nova says:

I absolutely loved your college! Where was this?

1. this was my college in US πŸ™‚

23. Shubhrojaa says:

Lv ths post…oh how i crave 2 travel bck 2 my college days…i wish thoz gud days cud cm bck bt dey r gone..:’)