Qualms

Her worst dreams had come true. He indeed had betrayed her faith. He always said he loved her, but did he really love her? That one message on his cell phone proved that she had been right. “Love, see you at 8 tonight”, beeped a message on his iPhone. As he entered the room to check his phone, he heard her slam the front door and he followed her as she walked towards the beach. He shouted after her asking her to listen to him, but she’d had enough. She wanted to leave him but it was impossible to do so while she was alive. Before he could tell her that the message was from his step sister, who had invited them for dinner, she was gone. Lost in the deep blue ocean, forever.

footsteps
Pic courtesy: Here

Inspired from one of my favourite songs by Enrique Iglesias:

From the coast of Ipanema
to the Island of Capri
all the way to Kuala Lumpur
I will follow you wherever you may be

From the moment, I first saw you
Knew my heart could not be free
Had to hold you in my arms
There can never be another for me

Written for :
thursday-tales-badge

1. Vimmuuu says:

Women I tell you !! Sigh, sad story !!! 😦

Another version of my comment :

Whaaaat ??? she left him????? that lucky *beeeeeep* !! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

1. deepa says:

yeah yeah … i think the ladies hostel exp is still in your mind …. !

2. Hehe.. Vimmuu you are happy for that guy? πŸ˜› that shows how much he suffered in the ladies hostel.. post ladies hostel effect.. lol.. he will become alright in a few days..

LOL @ he will become alright πŸ˜‰

2. deepa says:

no no no ….
    not a sad story, please !

err … isnt he fast enough to stop her ? i mean guys are quicker than girls .. so he couldnt have stopped her , right ?

1. πŸ˜€ Hehe.. yeah true he could have easily stopped her.. but what if the message was not from his step sister πŸ˜‰ just kidding.. I got inspired by seeing that girl drown in the video of “Rhythm Divine” of Enrique..

1. deepa says:

ha ha !
        ok

btw, i liked the colour of the new template … this is the first time am seeing this shade on a blog .. Good choice

2. Thanks Deepa πŸ™‚ Glad you liked the template! πŸ˜€

3. Reema says:

listen to your heart
    when he’s calling for you
    Listen to your heart
    before you tell him goodbye
    πŸ™‚

1. wow! that was a nice stanza you wrote.. πŸ™‚

Gud one πŸ™‚

If she didnt trust her husband enough to know if he wud have an affair or not… and he didnt trust her enough to tell her about his step-sister… then they BOTH deserved that stupid ending! Good riddance! Hmph! 😐

1. Hehe πŸ™‚ Too good Ash.. they did deserve the ending since they dint trust each other πŸ™‚

1. deepa says:

but i feel all this trust and sincerity and faith are only in the books …. in real life, u really cant trust anyone .. and need to take care of yourself !

2. agree with you Deepa.. trust and all other things happen only in romantic movies/books.. in real life, one should be really careful

LOL Ash πŸ˜‰ u do hv a point there πŸ˜›

3. Chatterbox says:

Excellent point there Ash πŸ˜€

Just goes to show the importance of dialogue…

And the hazards of iPhones… πŸ˜€

1. Hehe.. now you know that you shouldnt get iphone and even if you own one, never leave it unattended in front of your future wife πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

sush..sush..sush…women!!! even their creator cant understand them πŸ™‚

1. Naah..see this lady in the story couldnt understand her husband, that’s why she died.. so it is men that women dont understand properly πŸ˜›

1. hemal says:

so much truth in that line πŸ˜›

2. hehe. I speak only truth πŸ˜›

Thats sad AK.. 😦 😦 but why he was so slow????

he needs some running practice….

1. Hehe.. maybe he had polio attack in his childhood or had to walk using crutches πŸ™‚ He probably couldnt run πŸ˜‰

2. Chatterbox says:

@ Kanagu : Good point

8. Sid says:

Oh dear…. wot the… sun toh leti!!! so much misunderstanding damm!!!

Sid,
    Check out Holy Cow!!!

1. πŸ™‚ Haan yaar.. probably she was little deaf..Holy cow rocks Sid.. have been reading every comic on it.. For comic lovers like myself, it is like a boon πŸ™‚

9. Write Girl says:

What a tragic end…it certainly makes us ponder at these moments. It is amazing what love and the emotions can create in the mind. Nicely written.

1. Thanks Write Girl and welcome to my blog πŸ™‚ Yeah sometimes misunderstandings can be fatal. The best solution in such cases is to communicate and get doubts clarified!

10. Amity says:

Hi Avada;

Short but the impact is great!

I like this tale of yours. But I hate how foolish women turn to be and without listening to explanations. However, was he true? What prompted her to end their relationship and even her life?

He must have been a consistent chauvinist!

Very good tale, very apt with the picture prompt!

Please find time to drop by my place to read mine. Thanks in advance!

1. Thanks for reading Amity and welcome to my blog! πŸ™‚ Yeah sometimes people take wrong steps due to anger. What one should do is talk to their partner once their anger subsides and probably get their doubts clarified πŸ™‚

11. scorpria says:

Sad one…but well, instead of trying to catch up with her BEFORE explaining, he could just have screamed out tht th msg was from his step sister!
    Men, I tell you! πŸ˜€

1. πŸ™‚ yeah screaming out would have saved her life.. men are always men πŸ˜‰

1. hemal says:

I dont think she would have even looked back! the basis is trust and if she lacked it, she should have left him, but not to die..

2. Yeah even if he had shouted, she would have assumed that he is lying just to stop her πŸ˜€

Sigh! Its always better to talk it out than to keep things inside urself and take decisions 😦
    I wud hv loved her to live even if the msg ws from another girl πŸ˜›

1. hehe.. sorry for killing her πŸ˜‰

13. Astatine says:

Short and bittersweet…

My story is not as short and crisp, but sortof on these lines.

1. Thanks Astantine and welcome to my blog!! Now hopping over to read your version of the story πŸ™‚

14. dmanji says:

When one is angry they take most irrational steps …..but would have liked a happier ending but maybe the picture has some sad inclinations ….

1. Yeah I could have made her survive but felt it would make it bollywoodish.. he running after her and saving her at the last min.. thanks Dhiman πŸ™‚

The narration is good…maybe there was some other reason too and she wanted to punish him…material for another story, Ashwini!

1. Oh yeah you gave me another idea to write on πŸ™‚ Maybe I will write something like a prequel to this story.. what made her kill herself πŸ™‚ Thanks Sandhya!!

16. Venky says:

What an irony. Hey I like this template very much. The last template was too much on the eye. This is one is very good

1. Thanks Venky.. glad you liked the template.. I was thinking maybe this one was too simple.. but is more soothing than the old one right?

17. Maddie says:

Sad, such misunderstanding.

1. Thanks for visiting Maddie and welcome to my blog πŸ™‚
      Yep misunderstandings are bad!

18. hemal says:

Much Better!! Much Much Better!!!

I am talking of the template… I love Georgia btw.. and this one really soothing..

And as for your post, irony is that no one can explain why she took that step. She could have filed for a divorce, and got a grand alimony and lived her life again πŸ˜›

And the villain here is a Step sister!! Well I guess you could have come up with a bit realistic, here.. Like mom.. but still hey, did’nt she notice the name on the message?

1. Thanks Hemal πŸ™‚ I loved this template too.. It’s a new one from WP team.. the previous one was designed by me, all by myself πŸ™‚
      Hehe.. she loved him so much that she can’t live without him πŸ˜› His mom she knows right? He hasnt told her about his step-sis so she couldnt recognize.. hehe.. bollywoodish πŸ˜›

1. hemal shah says:

yep! a lot bollywoodish… πŸ˜›

19. ladynimue says:

aww .. why so dramatic and tragic end ??

1. πŸ™‚ Welcome to my blog ladynimue.. yeah I made it pretty dramatic but just wanted to showcase how people easily misjudge someone and take extreme steps sometimes.. People often dont think rationally when they are angry πŸ™‚

1. ladynimue says:

true .. am glad most don’t kill themselves like this !!!

2. Very true πŸ™‚

20. Chatterbox says:

Moral of the story: Listen to your heart but don’t keep assuming, stop and listen to your hubby/wife as well.
    Don’t doubt them all the time it is injurious for your life and the health of your relationship πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

A very different kind of a story Avada πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Keep ’em coming girl πŸ˜€

1. Hey CB.. coming from you it is really a huge compliment πŸ™‚ You expertise in writing stories like these and this was my first attempt at it.. thanks girl πŸ™‚ so glad you liked it.. And agree with the moral πŸ™‚

21. Elegant Chic says:

Awww… that’s sad! 😦

Gr8 writing girl! πŸ˜€

1. Thanks a lot EC πŸ™‚

22. Harsh says:

Damn … why she had to die like this ??? …. :-/ … That’s why I advise people not to build a house near beach … πŸ˜›

anywayz , a better option could have been killing the hubbie and then running away …. πŸ˜€

1. Hehe.. right Harsh.. this is why people should not stay close to beaches πŸ˜‰
      Aaah.. that was a good idea πŸ˜› but then she would have spent her entire life in jail na

1. Harsh says:

lol .. she was going to die anyway … may be she could have killed her hubbie and then committed suicide …. πŸ˜‰

2. Haha..that would’ve been awesome πŸ™‚

23. Harini says:

Sad story but people should have more faith and trust.

PS – I love that song by him too πŸ™‚

1. True πŸ™‚ more faith and trust is the key…
      Oh you love that song too! as soon as I saw this pic, I remembered that song and Enrique! πŸ™‚

24. Pallavi says:

Awesome post, Avada! But why shoulld the message read ‘Love,…’. I doubt if siblings would address each other that way?!

1. thanks Pal.. πŸ™‚
      you have a valid point there Pallavi πŸ™‚ I just wanted to make his wife suspect him..

25. Hauntingly b’ful short story………

1. Thanks Mayank πŸ™‚ and welcome to my blog! πŸ˜€

26. Renu says:

acting in haste and repenting at leisure..but here she left someone else to regret..

1. Yeah true.. acting in haste doesnt do good to anyone.. thanks for reading Renu πŸ™‚

What a lot of complications .. Actually I spent more time wondering which Enrique song that was..Heehee πŸ˜€

p.s. – Sorry bout my absence. My laptop was virus infected & I was changing projects at work so couldn’t manage time to post or read yours 😦 I have missed U.

1. Hehehe.. compilated complicated story right? πŸ˜€ It’s Rhythm Divine.. I was inspired by the video of the song..
      Missed you too! and glad to have you back πŸ™‚

28. deepa says:

hey .. where’s ur independence day post ? isnt that the latest ??

1. oops sorry.. I commented on that post and totally forgot to put a link for that here: http://evanescentthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/jai-hind
      It was actually an old post that I had reposted for Independence Day πŸ™‚

29. Avada's Fan says says:

1. Your favourite mobile is iPhone (gotcha!).
    2. Doesn’t iPhone display the name/number of the sender above the text?iPhone sms’ got a mail like apperance.
    3. According to Karudapurana, she goes to hell for being ignorant and she gets impaled there as a punishment.
    4. The passage is about saperation is ‘inspired’ from Enrique’s lines, which itself is about being togather.
    5. The picture posted here doesn’t look like a suicide mission, but she is proud of being strange.
    6. The above ‘inventions’ can be considered for the nobel prize in literature. No applause needed.
    7. Yes, I deserve a punch in my chin for commenting this wonderful article.

Prasad

1. Avada’s fan? LOL
      1. yesss!!
      2. It shows the name. It was a girl’s name, that’s why she killed herself πŸ˜‰
      3. hehe πŸ˜›
      4. Nope not inspired by the lines… I should have specifically put that.. my bad.. it was inspired by the video of the song. In the video, the girl drowns herself in the ocean, even when the hero is following her, asking her to come back πŸ˜€
      5. πŸ˜›
      6. nobel prize? thank you πŸ˜›
      7. I punched you for commenting.. check your face in the mirror..
      Jokes apart, that was one of the most sarcastic comments I have ever received πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

1. Prasad says:

Doesn’t want to be ur fan? fine. back to my real name. COL (crying out load!)
        1. No. you are tierd of iPhone.
        2. yes. She could kill herself a lot of times for every female name in his phone.
        4. I ve seen that vid. It was an oxymoron for being away from him, where he coudn’t reach.
        6. You can try for pulitzer next time.
        7. You haven’t. May be a strong reply will do. May be I can punch myself if I come to B’lore.
        This wasn’t a joke (black comedy?, i donno) . showed ur dark side of writing. My type! Expect a lot in future!

2. nooo.. COL.. change it to Avada’s fan.. πŸ˜€
        1. I have become anti-iphone.. unable to unlock mine 😦
        2. πŸ˜› what if she had 7 lives like a cat ?
        4. hmm yep
        6. Naah.. I dont believe in that award. Have read few books which were selected by them.. they were boring to the core
        7. Hehe. punching yourelf is a good idea πŸ˜›
        Thanks Prasad πŸ™‚

3. Avada's Fan Says says:

Rewinded back..
        1. You can do that in some shops in anekal or brigade road. Don’t call urself a bangalorean.
        2. cat with 7 lives? that was a joke right?
        7. will do that on this saturday, 8 a.m. u can count on this.

4. I need to try that.. mine is a new firmware, supposedly there is no hack for it.. I tried unlocking myself and now the device died completely 😦
        it’s a myth right that cat has multiple lives or something.. I dont believe in that but just a joke to me..
        8 a.m sunday? what’s the proof that you indeed hit yourself? O_o

5. Prasad says:

Oh wow!. Time to go off-topic.
        I think you are one of the super rich girl who became victim to the fake websites. I ll guess how you tried it. First, u googled with a word ‘iphone firmware 3.1.3 or 4.0. Then you might have gone into some website in the first page of results. Then, you got some 6 or 7 steps. Then your device is dead. Right? You can sell it to “Ashwini Mobiles” in Mars. May be next time you try with HTC ones.
        What proof you need? Saturday has gone. May be I can bang my head in wall to mourn for ur dead iPhone.

6. grrrrrr Prasad.. I am neither super rich nor am I dumb.. I did follow the hacks by the famous hackers.. but what they mention there, doesnt work for all iphones.. lot of people got their phones screwed.. now waiting for a hack for the latest version..

7. Prasad says:

You ‘followed’ famous hackers! you ll become more famous than them, if you can do that. It’s not that easy frnd.
        The solution is simple. You just need to get the copy the OS files from iPhone GSM and get it installed in ur iPhone AT&T or anything. But u need an old apple notebook to do this, with fresh MacOS dated before the iPhone release, without an online update. Quite rare and tricky, but we made it worked for my brother.

8. I dint understand.. what do you mean by copy AT&T OS? explain me your method in detail.. let me give it a try once

30. Rajlakshmi says:

thats so tragic…
    well narrated …

1. πŸ™‚ thanks Rajlakshmi

31. Sakhi says:

A beautiful, touching story. πŸ™‚ I love Enrique’s songs, and this one fit in really well.

1. πŸ™‚ thanks Sakhi and welcome to my blog!