Fiction 55 – Third attempt

Here is another pathetic attempt at writing 55 fiction. Hope you guys/gals will not feel like taking out your slippers after reading! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Wikipedia says โ€œ55 Fiction is a form of microfiction that refers to the works of fiction limited to a maximum of fifty-five words.โ€

The Department

student-heavy-backpack11

I was relieved to find portions for the exam outside the department.
As I stood there noting them down, I heard him approach.
Five minutes passed in silence before he asked me, โ€œThey still havenโ€™t put Optics portions?!!โ€.
He definitely had not been looking at the board.
We were standing in front of Chemistry department.

Boys find some lame reasons to start a conversation with a girl sometimes. Sorry, this is another kinda non-fiction since this had happened to me. I remembered about this college incident suddenly. I should start a new Non-fiction 55 series probably. But I am sure lot of girls would have faced these kind of funny incidents.

P.S: If you did not get it, Optics is a subject which comes under Physics and not Chemistry.

Please let me know if this was also a silly one. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I will stop torturing you people with my fiction 55s from now onwards and will write something else.

1. shankar says:

ha..ha.. thats true… boys do find lame reasons to start conversing with a girl… change the title as Non-Fiction 55….

not a bad attempt…..

1. Shankar says:

hey..congrats for blogadda tangy tuesday…. Is life fair? part 1….

2. hehe.. thanks Shankar ๐Ÿ™‚ yeah I am thinking of changing the whole series to non-fiction now ๐Ÿ˜€

Ha ha ha .. u r taking a dig @ them nw ๐Ÿ˜›
    the way they start conversations .. deserves a whole post in itself ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. hehe.. yeah if I start writing about it, I can definitely make a post out of it ๐Ÿ˜€

u have touched the nerve girl…all the best…:D

n continue writing 55 fictions, such ones ๐Ÿ˜›

1. hehe.. thanks so much girl ๐Ÿ™‚ glad you liked it ๐Ÿ˜€

4. Chatterbox says:

That was funny!
    You are very right, boys all kinds of silly things just to seek attention or to spark a conversation with girls.

I enjoyed your 55 fiction. Keep it up!

Cheers!!

1. thanks so much for visiting ๐Ÿ™‚

5. vishvak saen says:

for the sake of mankind and evolution someone has to initiate it..we let go of pride dignity and stuff and do it..and we are ridiculed..sigh..free

1. hehehe.. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

6. mctheebs says:

You shouldn’t ever give up on your fiction! Keep practicing your writing. Nobody ever got good at anything without practice.

Good story. I’ve probably something like that once or twice.

1. Thank you so much for visiting ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Boy, I was not a science major.

1. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope you got it

8. Never say die attitude is great spirit ! The problem with your 55 story is it needs a footer message after the story for people to understand the story. May be if you could work on that part and make the story itself convey the meaning you want to say without the need for a footer message you can make your 55 fiction or non fiction attractive … Just a bit of suggestion from my side ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Yep what you said is very true.. thanks a lot for the suggestion ๐Ÿ™‚ I will keep it in mind the next time I am writing a fiction 55 ๐Ÿ™‚

9. rsvblogger says:

I spuriously acknowledge that even if dumb, the infertile series of actions committed by the boy unarguably represented that he blah blah..
    so what happened next…what did you do??

1. Hehe.. nothing much.. I told him “these are chemistry portions, not physics”.. then he said “Ohhh” (totally embarrassed).. I went to the class, told all the girls and we started giggling like hell.. Poor chap ๐Ÿ™‚

10. rsvblogger says:

hey congrats for the tangy tuesday pick!!

1. Thanks so much Rahul ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Naveen says:

I have had my share of being tongue-tied … nervousness can make people say crazy stuff ๐Ÿ˜› ,anyways gud one … but is this truly fiction :O

1. No.. it is truly nonfiction ๐Ÿ˜€ this had happened to me once ๐Ÿ™‚

12. vishnu says:

silly but funny..
    its always the guys who hav to start.. and cmon there are times we run out of ideas and pick up lines.. so we hav to come up with crazy stuff like these to get ur attention..
    so anyways “did he succeed in his mission?” is the question..

1. hehehe.. no..I told him โ€œthese are chemistry portions, not physicsโ€.. then he said โ€œOhhhโ€ (totally embarrassed).. he tried talking to me 3-4 times in college but he was unsuccessful. I don’t know what happened to him after college. Never seen/heard about him..

13. I liked it ๐Ÿ™‚ lol ๐Ÿ™‚ We were in front of the chem dept ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. hehehe ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks Vichu ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Ravan says:

did not get optics thing…but then read the p.s.

Super awesome

how lame is that boy…damm, no class at all…
    I use differently…:D

1. hehe.. tell us how you do it plz – the Ravan style ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. Sunny says:

If i would have not read description below, i thought it was conversation between to students who are “Outstanding” in their classes, unaware of Syllabus.
    Nice!

1. hehehe.. I am aware of my syllabus ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice to hear from you after such a looooong time!!!

first it was bonkers for me..cudnt get it and got the context..after reading the subtext cud get the meaning…really nice attempt ๐Ÿ™‚ hey first time here..and going by ur title i guess u r also a HP fan like me..lemme say EXPELLIARMUS :))

1. Hehe.. thanks for visiting my blog ๐Ÿ™‚ STUPEFY ๐Ÿ™‚ was I quick enough?

:)) i guess not..i had already fled the place on my hippogriff :d

2. hehe.. but I was chasing you on a broom when I cast the spell ๐Ÿ˜‰

u got the wrong gils..tht was someone else..i force fed him with polyjuice potion ๐Ÿ˜€

4. no problem..I had made a couple of dementors follow you.. beware! you might get attacked soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

I chant “Expecto Patronum” everywhere..so i the escape ๐Ÿ˜€

6. Looks like I need some support from the death eaters now ๐Ÿ˜

:))))) i’ve the entire dumbledore’s army on my side ๐Ÿ˜€ let see

8. Lets have a war between your DA and my death eaters.. lets see who wins ๐Ÿ˜›

ha ha ha… nice one ๐Ÿ™‚

its quite natural… boys asking some lame question to start conversations…

1. ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks Kanagu

Oh come on…

I did ask a girl for directions to the OT (Operation Theatre) during the final year in college.

Though we had being studying there for over four years and we had been to the OT some more than 150 times already. ๐Ÿ˜€

But that was just for fun. (Now don’t go getting any ideas there… ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

But maybe that guy was trying to get some Chemistry going by talking about someone’s favourite subject… ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

1. hehe.. I am really getting some ideas now ๐Ÿ˜‰ Why would you ask directions then? Any plans of eloping with her? ๐Ÿ˜›

Awwww…

Come on. You really are getting some far fetched ideas. ๐Ÿ˜€ That was just to have fun by irritating people. Nothing more, nothing less. If it wasn’t, then I would have already eloped with her by now… ๐Ÿ˜›

3. okay I trust you.. I thought since you already had a rehearsal, maybe you were planning to elope soon ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜€ Yes… ! The rehearsal’s done. Now waiting and hoping for the real thing… ๐Ÿ˜› The only thing missing from the scene is the ‘leading lady’. ๐Ÿ™‚ Won’t take long to elope once I find her ! ๐Ÿ˜›

5. hehehe ๐Ÿ™‚ you will soon find the leading lady ๐Ÿ˜€

This 55er is very good, Ashwini. That boy might be reading this, ha ha ha!

1. Thanks so much ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope he doesnt read ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

You remember the whackiest of incidents for your 55 Fiction !!! ๐Ÿ˜€ Hahaha !!

Hey, thanks a million for nominating my post to RSV’s ‘Wall of Fame’… ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s a good one!!
    You are getting pro at turning your real life incidents into 55 fiction!!
    Damn cool!!
    Keep expressing!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks so much shilpa ๐Ÿ™‚ Wow! feels so great to hear this from someone who is soooo good at this ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Shruti says:

Avada, am sorry for being late! I lost my blog roll ๐Ÿ˜ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ฆ
    This 55Fiction is too good!! We all showed u green! Carry on girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thanks so much girlie ๐Ÿ™‚ lost your blogroll? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ OMG!

24. dmanji says:

Your attempts are not pathetic at all and I think you don’t need to add any footer at all… I was able to get what you wanted to convey without reading the foot-note ๐Ÿ˜€
    55-Fictions or Non-Fictions are meant to keep the suspense or open for interpretations….
    Next time try to leave the story as it is and just see how readers interpret it’ll be very useful I say…..

1. yep thanks Dhiman ๐Ÿ™‚ I am so happy that one person understood without the footer.. yayyy!! You are right, 55 fictions should keep the suspense and let users interpret the meaning. I will take care of it next time ๐Ÿ™‚