I dont usually like reading motivational books but I read Alchemist (long back, not now) and I really liked it!! Some of my friends tried reading it, but found it very boring.. Initially, when you start reading such books, you feel they are boring or dragging the story but once you finish reading such a book, you feel so good about it.. The energy that the book gave me was fantastic.. The way the boy gets motivated and he finally gets what he had dreamt about is marvellous.. Even I had a dream when I read the book long time ago for the first time and after reading the book, I felt my dream may also come true.. And today my dream did get fulfilled (maybe at the cost of hardships that I faced and the bad time that I had) but it did get fulfilled!! and the first book I remembered was this one! which really motivated me a lot!!!
- You must always know what it is that you want.
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- There is only one way to learn. It’s through action.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.
- Wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
- The world’s greatest lie: At a certain point in our lives we lose control of what’s happening to us and our lives become controlled by fate.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
- Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.
- It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary; only wise men are able to understand them.
- When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person realize his dream.Now I really believe in this quote!!
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
- People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them.
- When you possess great treasures within you, and try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed.
I also read the book a long time back. But yes after reading your post, I feel I should read it again. 🙂