Lord of the rings has been one of my most favourite movies of all times.. and I havent written a blog on its dialogues.. Here it goes.. some of those quotes whichI liked a lot.. will add more to the list later:
- Arwen: From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king.
- Aragorn: This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.
- Sam: [about the ring on the slopes of Mount Doom] Then let us be rid of it… once and for all… Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can’t carry it for you… but I can carry you! Come on!
[Picks Frodo up and starts to carry him up the mountain]
- Sam: [tearing the spider silk away from Frodo’s face] Oh no! Frodo… Mr. Frodo, wake up… Don’t leave me here alone. Don’t go where I can’t follow… Wake up.
- [Frodo drinks the last drops of water from Sam’s waterskin]
Frodo: There’ll be none left for the return journey.
Sam: I don’t think there will be a return journey, Mr. Frodo.
- Sam: There and Back Again: A Hobbit’s Tale by Bilbo Baggins, and The Lord of the Rings by Frodo Baggins. You finished it.
Frodo: Not quite. There’s room for a little more.
- Aragorn: I do not fear death.
- Gimli: They had no honor in life. They have none now in death.
- Faramir: I do not believe this darkness will endure.
- Gandalf: Go back to the abyss! Fall into nothingness that awaits you and your master!
Witch King: Do you not know death when you see it, old man? This is my hour!
- Sam: You miserable little maggot. I’ll stove your head in!
- Sam: I heard it from his own mouth! He means to murder us!
Gollum: Never! Smeagol wouldn’t hurt a fly!
- Eomer: Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!
- Gandalf: The board is set… the pieces are moving
- Legolas: The stars are veiled. Something stirs in the East. A sleepless malice. The eye of the enemy is moving. He is HERE.
- Gimli: Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?
- Legolas: The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it. The way is shut.
- Denethor: My sons are spent. My line has ended. Rohan has deserted us. Theoden’s betrayed me. Abandon your posts! Flee, flee for your lives!
[He turns around, and Gandalf knocks him out with his staff]
Gandalf: Prepare for battle!
- Gollum: She’s always hungry. She always needs to feed. She must eat. All she gets is nasty orcses.
Smeagol: And they doesn’t taste very nice, does they, Precious?
Gollum: No. Not very nice at all, my love.
- Galadriel: This task was appointed to you, Frodo of the Shire. If you do not find a way, no one will.
- Gandalf: So it begins, the great battle of our time.
- Theoden: Tonight we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead.
- Gollum: They cursed us. Murderer they called us. They cursed us, and drove us away. And we wept, Precious, we wept to be so alone. And we only wish to catch fish so juicy sweet. And we forgot the taste of bread… the sound of trees… the softness of the wind. We even forgot our own name. My Precious.
- Sam: [about Gollum] You don’t see it, do you? He’s a villain.
- Gandalf: Hold them back! Do not give in to fear! Stand to your posts! FIGHT!
- Denethor: Why do the fools fly? Better to die sooner than late. For die we must.
Of all the characters, I liked Sam Gamgee’s role the most.. He puts himself in so much of hardship only for “Friendship”… He is such a nice person and such a good friend of Frodo.. He could have left Frodo to go all alone to Mount Doom but he takes the pain just for Frodo.. Even though he was with Frodo for the entire journey to Mount Doom, he never gets greedy or selfish.. Frodo is very lucky to have a friend like Sam.. In real life, one can never find a friend like Sam for sure.. I just love Sam’s character.. But the sad part is that Frodo doubts Sam’s motives by believing Gollum’s words and gets into trouble.. If I want a friend in life, it should be someone as sweet as Sam for sure! 🙂