These were not at all present in the movie:
1. Harry and Dudley get attacked in the alley in open so that anybody can see Harry casting the patronus (not in some enclosed place like the tunnel)
2. Where is Mundungas? He is not be seen anywhere.. He was the one supposed to be guarding Harry
3. Dumbledore never sent any letter to Harry nor did the ministry about the hearing
4. Black’s house will only appear when a secret keeper tells a person about it.. Dumbledore shares it with Harry through the letter that Moody gives to Harry.. Just by stamping his walking stick, Moody cannot make it appear
5. Sirius’ mother’s picture that keeps shouting is not at all there in the Grimmauld place
6. We dont get to see Mr.Weasley’s office in the Ministry of magic building
7. Why does voldemort appear in the railway station?
8. Hagrid teaching them the lessons about Thestrals and why they can be seen only by Harry, Neville and Luna and not by others
9. It’s dobby who finds the room of requirement after Harry asks him to and not neville
10. Umbridge gets to know about the DA army because of the Cho’s friend’s betrayal.
11. The coins that Hermione distributes to everybody (inspired by the dark mark) are not shown… This is how Hermione communicates the time of next meeting to others by burning the time onto them…
12. Cho’s friend who tips off about DA army suffers from blisters on her face.. because of the jinx that Hermione would have put on the paper on which they sign when they first agree to be a part of the DA army..
13. Filch never sits in front of the room of requirement waiting for these people to come out.. It looks so foolish.. How can he just know about their meeting without anybody tipping off?
14. When they clean black house, they get a locket with serpent on it which they throw away along with the other black family antiques
15. Neville never ever talks about his parents.. Harry visits St. Mungo’s to see Mr.Weasley and there he sees Neville’s parents and Neville along with them.. Dumbledore tells Harry why Neville’s parents were in that condition..
16. Nobody breaks an entry into the room of requirement the way it is shown
17. There is absolutely NO quidditch in this movie which is really disappointing.. Ron joins the Quidditch team and Harry becomes the captain..Slytherin’s keep singing the song “Weasley is our king”…
18. The sheet on which they would have taken everyone’s signature has the name “Dumbledore’s army” and that list helps Umbridge find out everybody’s name
19. Grawp calls Hermione as Hermy
20. Harry uses the fireplace at Umbridge’s office and asks Kreacher about Sirius.. Kreacher lies that Sirius isnt at Grimmauld Place.. This is such a crucial scene but not present in the movie..
21. Inside Department of Mysteries there are so many doors leading to different rooms.. Ron is attacked by brains.. In a jar, there will be baby.. Many such weird things exist in the Department of Mysteries… These are the rooms:
- Brain Room
- Circular Room
- Death Chamber
- Hall of Prophecy
- Time Room
22. Harry never hears the prophecy himself.. Dumbledore lets him know through his own memory..
23. Harry never hands over the prophecy to Lucius Malfoy.. It gets smashed into pieces..
24. No justice has been made to the duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort.. Dumbledore doesnt even use the wizard statue to protect Harry…
25. Harry feels that Sirius might come back as a ghost and talks to Nearly Headless Nick about it…
Sirius before dying:
‘Come on, you can do better than that!’ he yelled, his voice echoing around the cavernous room. (says to Bellatrix)
The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest.
`The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches… born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies … and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not … and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives … the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies …’
I liked these statements which Harry makes during the first DA meeting:
Harry: Wait.. look… it all sounds great when you say a lot about it but the truth is most of it was just luck… I dint know what I was doing half the time and I nearly always had help….
Hermione: He is just being modest
Harry: No Hermione… I am not
Harry: Facing this stuff in real life is not like school.. in school, if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow… but out there, when you are a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes… you dont know what it’s like…
Hermione: You’re right Harry, we dont know… That’s why we need your help
This is EXACTLY why the books are SO much better than the movies 🙂
that’s really true!! atleast in case of HP movies, they usually spoil the story completely!
I love serious black…. I feel like crashing bellatrix when I saw serious killed in the film. If I was potter i would have killed bellatrix the moment she killed sirius… I am a great fan of potter..nice to see a person as interested as me in potters…. Watch out for half blood prince.(once again I must ask too much of you harry)
Lots of scenes were missing from Order of phoenix.especially quidditch..nevilles parents.. thats what disappointed me..But what I like is i felt the same hatred to the character of bellatrix as it was while reading the book..her characterisation was good..
sorry its sirious..not serious..tpographical mistake..
yeah but still I love watching the movies.. am so desperate to watch the HBP.. just waiting!!
I’ve watched all the movies too, but without any expectation that they will match the books. Think it’s time for me to reread the series – it’s been a while!
yeah true.. movies are no match to the books.. I want to reread the 7th book soon since the movie is getting released in a few months 🙂
The books are awesome. I am reading them as and when I get my hands on them.
True.. I really love the HP books! 🙂