Today I got a chance to watch the third and the final part of the pirates of the carribean. It’s undoubtedly one of the best movies I have ever watched and watching it on the theatre screen is such a pleasure. After having seen the first two parts, I was waiting to see what would happen to captain Jack Sparrow since he is swallowed by the kraken in the second part..There are very few movies which do justice to both the story and the graphics.. There are few movies like 300 which did have good graphics and also dialogues like “tonight we dine in hell” or “madness? This is spartanssss” but it did lack in the story part.. The story wasnt good enough and it made the movie quite boring and dull… Unlike such movies, the Lord of the rings and the Pirates of the carribean have good story as well as nice graphics in them..The way the ship falls from the huge waterfalls or the way the flying dutchmen and black pearl are stuck in that whirlpool have been picturized very beautifully and would have involved lot of efforts from the technicians side..Another scene which deserves appreciation is the way flying dutchmen emerges from under the ocean all of a sudden..
I collected few of the dialogues spoken by Captain Jack sparrow which I liked:
- What say, I give u three shillings and we forget the name, mate? – This was his first dialogue in the movie
- gentlemen…My lady… you shall all remember this day as the day you almost captured CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
- babossa: “how the blazes did u get off that island” Jack:”when u marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing mate…I am CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW”
- You look familiar. Have I threatened you before?
- Dwarf- It’s A KEY!! Capt. Jack- NO!! Much BETTER!! ITS A DRAWING of a KEY!!!!!
- will: ” where’s Elizabeth” Jack: “she’s fine..just like I promised, she’s all set to marry norrington…just like she promised, and u get to die for it..just like you promised”
- so we’re all men of our word…except for Elizabeth..who is infact a woman”
- babossa:”thought i had u figured jack..turns out u r a hard man to predict” Jack: ” me? I am dishonest..and a dishonest man, you can always trust to be dishonest..honestly”
- babossa: “so u expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word, it’s the one I need and watch you sail away in my ship” Jack: “no, I expect to leave you standing on some beach with absolutely no name at all , you watch me sail away in my ship and then I’ll shout the name back to u…SAVVY???”
- “I have heard stories about the pearl..they say noone ever survives ” Jack: NO Survivors…Then I wonder where the stories come from”
- “I’m sorry, sir, this dock is off limits to civilians” Captn. Sparrow – “I’m very sorry, I didn’t know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately!”
- Jack-“I think we’ve all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically”.
- The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy?
- Jack Sparrow: “No. If we don’t have the key, we can’t open whatever it is we don’t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don’t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?” Gibbs: “So…we’re going after this key!” Jack Sparrow: “You’re not making any sense at all. “